1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

keyword building?

Hello!
    I'm quite new to SEO having only started earlier this year, I feel I have grasped some of the basics but I am still in the research stage.
    The title to this post maybe slightly misleading as I'm unsure on even how to phrase my question, I can however do it with an example:

If a website, say a computer shop, has the keywords "Buy, sell, repair, computers" (ignoring the fact these are bad keywords anyway due to irrelevancy) If the user typed into a search engine "buy computers" would these keywords be combined still ranking you just as high if it was a key phrase?
    If not does that mean that it is better to instead use "buy computers, sell computers, computer repair, repair computers"?
    and if so would you be demoted in the SERPS as it isn't a key phrase in your site but is built from your keywords?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    M0rgan0
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Are you asking about the meta keyword tag? If so don't worry, its not used by google to effect rankings and hasn't been for some time, see Google: Actually, Meta Tags Do Matter. | WebProNews for a good read on the subject of meta tags along with a couple of videos from Matt Cutts.

If you're talking about the content on your site that people are reading, well that's a clue "people are reading", it should be written for your visitors not for the search engines, so write meaningful content that your visitors will want to read and share on the web. Of course it helps to have your targeted keywords in your content and you should also have at least one (your main one) in your title, but from the example list you gave, I'm guessing your asking about the meta tag, no?
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

According to me you can use buy computers, sell computers, computer repair, repair computers as your keyword and target them for link building but keep in mind not to do over link building on a single keyword.
  7. No Profile Picture

Keyword building has great demand every where in the world. It is the Keyword which create source for website owners to generate website traffic and to popular website in the world on behalf of different terminologies.
  9. No Profile Picture

For your computer shop you use phrase as buy computer, repair computer,computer repairing shop.there are double benefite to use it first one if uses looking for services with exact keyword then it will show and second on if user search with sigle word as computer,sell,buy then it will show too.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You don't need to mention 'computers' so many times.... instead you can use the first option "Buy, sell, repair, computers"...
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

In my opinion, the keywords you are going to promote must contain in your website, to get better and fast results. If not we can alter the content for these keywords. Try to choose the keywords which are formed by more that two or three words., because these are easy to optimize and has low cometition. If you are in good position for this do it, otherwise you must hire a professional for the same.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you can try these differrent variations words/words phrase in squirrly. sometimes, I have problems too to chosing the right keywords, so I check my options with squirrly. I used google keyword tool, but I found it to dificult to follow all the process.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by M0rgn0
    Hello!
    I'm quite new to SEO having only started earlier this year, I feel I have grasped some of the basics but I am still in the research stage.
    The title to this post maybe slightly misleading as I'm unsure on even how to phrase my question, I can however do it with an example:

If a website, say a computer shop, has the keywords "Buy, sell, repair, computers" (ignoring the fact these are bad keywords anyway due to irrelevancy) If the user typed into a search engine "buy computers" would these keywords be combined still ranking you just as high if it was a key phrase?
    If not does that mean that it is better to instead use "buy computers, sell computers, computer repair, repair computers"?
    and if so would you be demoted in the SERPS as it isn't a key phrase in your site but is built from your keywords?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    M0rgan0
    It would be better if the separated keywords are joined together because it will increase your relevancy and will be targeted high. But in some cases, it is possible and can be seen in SERPs that some pages or sites do rank high even when the keywords are separated. For this, you need to have high authority and backlinks for your URL.
  19. No Profile Picture

Good back link that means keywords building.