Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I've been following this thread, and the advice & information is just fantastic, Thanks to everyone. Nick
  3. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Deleted by poster...
    Last edited by Lb1878; Mar 25th, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yeah google adword is a great tool to see the traffic.. always do compare the traffic and competition ... traffic should be high as possible and vice versa for competition.. remember google adword tool shows you the Advertiser Competition(thats for paid)... find general competition for the keyword
  7. No Profile Picture

wonderwheel

Google wonderwheel is very easy to use, and is a great tool, it enhances your search.
    Enter your keyword/phrase in google. Click on "show options", you get a new version of the search results with search refinements in the left-hand side of the page. This allows you to 'refine' or 'restrict' your results. Scroll down and click the 'wonderwheel' link, this creates a sun shaped circle of terms. You can then navigate your way around the relevant keywords and phrases.
    I hope this is helpfull for anyone not familiar with the tool.
    Cheers Nick
    Last edited by nickrees; Apr 14th, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

seen the wonder wheel tool just now... its great .. thanks
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Paid comparable to organic?

Hi,

Do you think the paid competition correlates with the organic competition to a high degree or is there just a rough correlation.

Best

Matt
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think there is no direct correlation between paid and organic competition...
  15. Dancin with the devil

Originally Posted by nickrees
    Google wonderwheel is very easy to use, and is a grear tool, it enhances your search.
    Enter your keyword/phrase in google. Click on "show options", you get a new version of the search results with search refinements in the left-hand side of the page. This allows you to 'refine' or 'restrict' your results. Scroll down and click the 'wonderwheel' link, this creates a sun shaped circle of terms. You can then navigate your way around the relevant keywords and phrases.
    I hope this is helpfull for anyone not familiar with the tool.
    Cheers Nick
    I stand corrected and thought the 5 word reply was a link wheel, not the wonder wheel tool by Google. I deleted my comments. Thanks for the clarification.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Why bother

Hi again,

So, forgive my ignorance, but what use is the google adword tool for picking keywords to rank higher in organic listings if the competition for PPC does not relate to organic competition. To minimise my information overload, is there just one decent keyword tool I can be using to pick my keywords?

Best

Matt
  19. Dancin with the devil

Originally Posted by matt301273
    Hi again,

So, forgive my ignorance, but what use is the google adword tool for picking keywords to rank higher in organic listings if the competition for PPC does not relate to organic competition. To minimise my information overload, is there just one decent keyword tool I can be using to pick my keywords?

Best

Matt
    Honestly, your best bet is to not sweat what information comes from a keyword tool. Its not totally accurate anyway. Choose a few core terms, expand off of those core terms, build content around those terms than get backlinks with those terms as the text of the link. Check your data after a month or two and see what is delivering traffic and what isn't, than continue to write content related to the terms that are working best for you.

No tool is going to give you the exact answer. It is not a science. They are there to help you figure a few things out but you will only know what works if you implement it on your own. Its about trial and error. When something doesn't work, you fix it. If you use longtail terms, you will likely get higher rankings and better conversions.

For more information on post keyword analysis, look up the user Fathom and find his discussions on this topic. Very good information in a few of those discussions.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Banned

keyword

Hi Matt,

Yes, you used the right tool. It is good to use less competitive keyword. But do not hesitate to use other terms as your keywords especially if these terms are most clickable by people like for instance guitar lessons, guitar lessons for beginners and so on.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks

Ok, thanks everyone. I'll go away and try to digest all this now.
  25. Dancin with the devil

Originally Posted by matt301273
    Ok, thanks everyone. I'll go away and try to digest all this now.
    No need to go away. If you have a question, ask away. If there is something you don't understand, ask a question. This is a very welcoming community as long as you don't utilize it for the wrong reasons.

Everyone has to start somewhere matt! Good luck.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, thanks. It's great to have a community to put questions to on such a complex field...All I can offer in return are free guitar lessons...until I too can reciprocate regarding SEO...

I'm going to redesign my site and do away with some pages I have come to view as pointless...so I guess google will throw up some results that will point p pages that will no longer exist for a while...I suppose submitting a new sitemap will help google to recrawl and reindex the site?

Best

Matt
  29. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Unhappy

Hello matt301273!
    nice post! It's very useful for all. Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: