Thread: Home Page title

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I live in the best place in the world, many might not agree but I love it. Broome Western Australia

Home Page title

I am designing a wordpress multisite for a fitness gym with 3 different locations. Do I name the homepage home or do I name it ..Location Business Name Health and Fitness Club?

Does it matter what order I put the keywords in the title?

Does the title become the keyword?

Thanks
    Last edited by WhatNowThe2nd; Nov 22nd, 2014 at 04:04 AM.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

yes the titles are key words...Don't name your home page 'Home' I'd name it what the site is about your 'Location Business Name Health and Fitness Club' would be a good name, then create sub pages for the different locations/cities.

Comments on this post

• WhatNowThe2nd agrees
    • Josoftech agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

I live in the best place in the world, many might not agree but I love it. Broome Western Australia
    Thanks for your response! Appreciate you sharing your knowledge in this always changing area. The sites mentioned above are set up using mapped domain multisite and in essence are 3 separate sites with their own domain names. I have had a look at Google Adwords Tools but the information did my head in lol. I did notice that the search term most people seem to use were things like fitness centre near me or gym near me.

I guess this just goes to show how many people are using their mobile devices to find things? I am assuming from this then that it would be best to put Location first, Business name 2nd and what the page is about 3rd? ie Broome Business Name Health and Fitness Club .. or is this too long?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Put your keywords in the title. It doesn't matter which comes first just make sure that the title won't be too long that it gets cut off in the search engine results that would look something like "Location Business Name Health and..."

Comments on this post

• WhatNowThe2nd agrees
    • Josoftech agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks very much .. much appreciated
  11. Founder, LeadJoint.com

I would simply have it as something like 'Fitness Gym in <Location>' as title. Don't add unnecessary fluff to the title. In most cases, this is the text that appears on the Google search results (although Google is known to modify it at its own discretion). So a straight forward title will get you more clicks.

Comments on this post

• WhatNowThe2nd agrees
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by leadjoint
    I would simply have it as something like 'Fitness Gym in <Location>' as title. Don't add unnecessary fluff to the title. In most cases, this is the text that appears on the Google search results (although Google is known to modify it at its own discretion). So a straight forward title will get you more clicks.
    Hi the site is set up using wordpress multisite with domain mapping, so there are actually 4 sites.

One of the location sites for instance, home page title is Health and Fitness Club Life and Soul Broome .. is that too long?

Also my own website, uses Kimberley Web Design Home as the title of the Home Page .. am I heading in the right direction here?
    My focus keyword is kimberley web design .. kimberley being the location, web design being what its all about.

I get most SEO but page titles always seem to be so difficult, is it what you are about, your location, the name of your business, etc?

Thank you for input

PS How long should a title be?
    Last edited by WhatNowThe2nd; Mar 18th, 2015 at 02:57 AM. Reason: adding a PS
  15. Founder, LeadJoint.com

One of the location sites for instance, home page title is Health and Fitness Club Life and Soul Broome .. is that too long?

I am assuming Broome is the name of the location here? See, there is no one right or wrong way. There are websites that have pretty generic page titles and still manage to rank because Google finds their website too authoritative to ignore. But the vast majority do not own such high authoritative sites, it makes sense to make the page title as close to what your primary keyword is.

Think of all the things that people who want to visit your website would be typing on Google.. I would guess "health clubs in Broome', 'fitness clubs in broome', 'gym in Broome', etc. Research their search volumes, competition to arrive at the best keywords to use. Make this the title. So if the keyword volumes are not too great for any of the keywords, you could use a more integrated title like "Broome Health & Fitness Clubs" - maybe restrict it to less than 65 characters if possible

Comments on this post

• WhatNowThe2nd agrees
  17. No Profile Picture

Thanks very much for all your valuable information
  19. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the advice. So does location and category have more importance than business name?
  21. No Profile Picture

Finally! Thanks so much for clarifying. So the title of the page has nothing to do with branding, ie business name and is all about its location and service.