1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Help! Google is Choosing My Keywords

I have several keywords for my site, such as online employment, employment guide, telecommuting, job openings, job opportunities, work at home, etc.

Google doesn't have me listed under any of my keywords, but interestingly enough, Google has me ranked #26 under the keywords "employment guide telecommuting." I never entered the keywords in like that. That was not one of my phrases. No one will think to find me like that.

How do I get Google to recognize my initial keywords as stated above?? The keywords are my mega tags. The keywords are my anchor text. I don't know what else to do. The keywords are in my website.

I'm lost now as to what more to do. I don't understand why Google is linking my keywords together when I never submitted them to Google that way.

Please HELP!

Debbie N.

P.S. I have no ranking at all on Yahoo and MSN and I don't understand that at all.

www.theultimateonlineemploymentguide.com

I realize it is a rudimentary site. It's all I can afford right now. Please tell me what else is wrong with it, and why I'm not on the 1st page. Once I'm making a few dollars from this I will be able to afford a better web site. I am on disability and on a very tight budget. I'm doing the best I can.
    Last edited by Debbie73160; May 9th, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
  3. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

As you're climing your way up the ladder for your key terms you'll find that you can rank for some pretty strange combinations of words that appear on your page.
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Create hyper text link

Well the keyword for which you are complaining for is a part of your web site some where in the inbound links or out bound links.

Further you need to create some hyper links.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have created lots of hyper links in the form of anchor text as my keywords in my website. So I've already done that.

Also, the keyword phase that Google has me ranked under is not a keyword phrase I have used for meta tags, anchor text, keywords, etc, etc. Google created that combination on it's on. But yes that words are on my website. It's just I've never linked the words together like Google has.

Debbie N.
    Last edited by Debbie73160; May 11th, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Deb, Google does not pay any attention to your META tags. Google only looks at content and text anchored internal and external hyperlinks when it comes to keywords.

Don't expect any of the search engines to use your wished for keywords unless they dominate your content and the hyperlinks linked to that page. Run a keyword test on your site using: http://www.ranks.nl/tools/spider.html to see what your onpage content looks like as far as keywords.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you. I'll do that.