1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Help! -5 Basic Keyword questions

Warning! This is my first web site and if stupid questions frustrate you, skip this as I am not the brightest crayola in the box.

Lets say Iwant to build a site about Real estate. I want to provide a lot of original content about real estate.
    I would create a main page then 20 pages or so of unique content. Each page would be on a real estate theme like Real estate buying, real estate selling, real estate financing, real estate scams, etc. Then make money off of affiliate programs related to each of these.

Question 1) Is this the right thing to do or should I just concentrate on 1 theme like Real estate buying? And then have as many unique pages of content on this one theme and only use that one key word?

Question 2)
    When using overture to look at keywords you find the following (I made this up to illustrate my point):
    Real estate, Real estate Brokers, Real estate agents, real estate wanted, buy real estate, real estate help, no money down real estate, buying unique real estate, etc.

Since all the most common keywords - like "Real Estate" and "Buy real Estate" have hundreds of thousands of queries a month, but millions of sites, should I even bother having pages of content on those subjects that include those keywords (even though they are very relevant to my site)? Or should I focus on the obscure key words that only get 1000 queries a month like "buying unique real estate"?

Question 3)
    You also search on Homes and land and find:
    Homes for sale, buy a house, cheap houses, land for sale, etc. All of these are real estate related but entirely different key words.
    If I decide to have my site focus on "Buying Unique real estate" I would like to have content pages on "Cheap Houses" and "Land for sale" as these are related subjects. But would these key words do me any good? or should I write the content so that I always reference the same key word theme on every page throughout the entire site and don't include the key words like "cheap houses"?

Question 4)
    The domain name. If I chose www.Buying-unique-real-estate.com has my site name (because every other possible short name has been taken by some one else). Is this name to long? Does linking to that domain name from all my content pages help?
    Or should I just come up with a short name like www.79realty.com because it is short (but it doesn't really tell the searcher anything about my site)????
    Last edited by SEO_AM; Mar 1st, 2005 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Removed live links
  3. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

This was just posted. In a general way it responds to many of your questions:

http://forums.seochat.com/t22957/s.h...hlight=sorvoja

Good luck

Dave
  5. Registered User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question 1) Is this the right thing to do or should I just concentrate on 1 theme like Real estate buying? And then have as many unique pages of content on this one theme and only use that one key word?

It would be better to build on a more specific term like real estate buying as youíll have a better chance for ranking high and being a topic specific site then just going after real-estate in general.

Question 2)
    When using overture to look at keywords you find the following (I made this up to illustrate my point):
    Real estate, Real estate Brokers, Real estate agents, real estate wanted, buy real estate, real estate help, no money down real estate, buying unique real estate, etc.

Since all the most common keywords - like "Real Estate" and "Buy real Estate" have hundreds of thousands of queries a month, but millions of sites, should I even bother having pages of content on those subjects that include those keywords (even though they are very relevant to my site)? Or should I focus on the obscure key words that only get 1000 queries a month like "buying unique real estate"?

I would make sure you have a page and content for every keyword directly related to your theme of your website. Donít worry about traffic #ís as even the keyword that gets 50 people will help theme your site and show you have content and will help you get ranked better on the term that gets 10,000 people.

Question 3)
    You also search on Homes and land and find:
    Homes for sale, buy a house, cheap houses, land for sale, etc. All of these are real estate related but entirely different key words.
    If I decide to have my site focus on "Buying Unique real estate" I would like to have content pages on "Cheap Houses" and "Land for sale" as these are related subjects. But would these key words do me any good? or should I write the content so that I always reference the same key word theme on every page throughout the entire site and don't include the key words like "cheap houses"?

Donít worry about keyword theme, worry about site theme. Your right to think that someone wanting to buy a real estate would be looking to buy a house and mortgage loans and other directly related things.

Question 4)
    The domain name. If I chose www.Buying-unique-real-estate.com has my site name (because every other possible short name has been taken by some one else). Is this name to long? Does linking to that domain name from all my content pages help?
    Or should I just come up with a short name like www.79realty.com because it is short (but it doesn't really tell the searcher anything about my site)????

Searches are more likely to click 79realty type results as they look more professional if done right. The reason many SEO people tell you to use a keyword-domain-name is it will help you get higher rankings, but side by side a good brandname domain will out traffic a keyword-domain-name. Plus your unlike to get anyone proactively linking to a page called keyword-domain-name as most web builders see this as a spammy way to promote a site.

Hope this answered your questions.