1. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Great keyword tracker tool

Dajaone, a member, has an excellent keyword tracker tool. I used overture to get a sense of the importance of searches for our keywords and asked a question about it. Dajaone responded and referenced his keyword tool. Our site has a strong presence for these keywords in G and Y within a niche market.

Dajaone's keyword tool is DRAMATICALLY Better. I was able to confirm it by tracking our traffic for the last month.

Excellent tool for little used keywords and misspellings.

Thank you
  3. Free the SB

Dajaone's tool is http://ecommerce.insightin.com/tools...calculator.php. Check it out.

We have a high ranking for a little used search term. I was trying to compare traffic for our main terms and other terms that our customers might visit.

We are ranked between 6-8 in G for the term and 1 in yahoo so we have a good feel for traffic. Dajaone's key word tool was dramatically closer to real numbers than the Overture tool. It wasn't even close.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I just get "error on page" when I try to plug something in and submit
    Get Relevant Links! Buy Links from the TextLinkBrokers!
    Building Quality SEO Blog - Editors Wanted | Free SEO Tools
  7. Free the SB

Worked for me yesterday. But its not working today. Check the source.

I was truly blown away by it. I PM'd him some of our SE traffic data over the last month after I used it. It was much closer to reality than Overture. We are ranked 6 or 7 in G, 1 in Y, and 3 in MSN for our main keyword so we have a good feel for traffic.
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest

Thumbs down

The tool is not accessible.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

type keyword, then hit enter key. There's a javascript bug on the page if you click GO button. sorry for the inconvenience. I'll try to fix the javascript bug soon.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I used this tool, but didn`t got any satisfactory results. Quiet different from my logs....
    I don`t recommend this tool. I would rely more on wordtracker..
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Hmmm interesting. I checked "travel", "africa" and "europe" and they all come back with the same amount of results. That cant be right.

dejaone where are you pullin' this info from?
    -PK
  17. Free the SB

It truly did work great for our number one phrase, "bartending school". We have good SERPs for the phrase, especially being #1 in Yahoo, where they don't show our location so we generate a lot of specific traffic for that phrase. I PM'd feedback on our specific SE traffic over the last month. His numbers were dramatically better than Overture. I tried some other phrases and I'm not sure.

Dajaone, maybe you'd like to describe it a bit more. I'm a fan.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

the tool is designed to be USEFUL, not perfect. Most of us target specific keywords, not generic keywords. I don't think any of us here would SEO for keywords like "travel" or "europe". general keywords are too competetive and has less conversion rate. The number you see is the # of search that contains your keywords. "travel" and etc hits the upper limit of the # of search terms.

I've listed the problems of the overture tool in the above post. The problem with wordtracker is that for less frequent keywords, its number is is no better than alexa's accuracy in ranking website traffic. wordtracker get stats from dogpile search site. I don't know its search market share, likely around 0.1%. neither overture nor wordtracker handles misspellings and singular vs. plural.

My tool uses a mathematical model and meta data from various resources.

my recommendation, look at all tools and compare with your log file.
  21. Free the SB

Good response Dajaone:

Because we PM'd I didn't want to speak out of turn. But you had explained that it was based on a mathematical model - and on top of that you do have some meta data.

It was very right on for our main keyword phrase. We are ranked #1 in yahoo for that phrase and currently 6th in google. In yahoo our description is generic. In Google we are identified as a regional business. Our highest volume single keyword phrase comes from yahoo.

But we are a regional business that markets through the web. We get a majority of visits from variations on the generic phrase.

Dajaone's tool was very accurate. Overture overstated usage on the phrase by more than a factor of 10 higher than Dajaone's keyword tool in that case. I checked some different phrases that are similar or have overlapping levels of interest. In some cases - I checked the phrases and our traffic against the different totals from the phrases. It is across the board. I did give him our total traffic on the keyword phrase for a month.

Possibly if you feed him some data for his mathematical formula it may enhance the tools predictability on various phrases.

I suspect the ONLY single authority on exact numbers THAT IS MOST VITAL is google itself...and they ain't talking.

I know I've repeated myself here. But his model was extremely accurate in at least one account.

I'd check a variety of sources.

Dave
  23. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Here's one....

25. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Cool It's Not Working

It's Not Working there is a error on the page