1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can someone explain this to me?

Hi there, I have a handbags site I launched in mid-July -
    http://www.voguewear.com

My first question is about keywords, when i do a search in google for "Designer Inspired Handbags" I come about about number six (btw I'm quite a newbie so does this mean I have a PR of 6?), anyways when I do a search for just "Designer Handbags", I am nowhere to be found. I would think that since the latter has two identical words, it would be just as popular. Can someone explain that a little to me.

Also, I'm sure this last question has been asked alot, but is there a tool where you can check where you rank on specific search terms? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

title tag

I am also new to this so someone else may be able to shed more light. I believe the problem lies in your title tag. You have Designer Inspired Handbags - Knockoff designer handbags - Replica Handbags" in your title tag. I don't believe this reflects what many shoppers would type when looking for your products. You need to match your title tag as closely as possible to what the searcher types in a search engine and the order of the words typed by the user is crucial. You may also be penalised by mentioning the word handbag 3 times in your title tag and I also feel your title tag is too long. You may also have overdone the handbag bit in your meta keywords.

As for rank placement checking you could try http://www.rankpilot.com/ - although http://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/guidelines.html say you shouldn't use automated programmes for rank checking. Any one know if use of such programmes such as rankpilot could harm positioning?
  5. Contributing User

A member here came up and built a tool that may help here with your search for position with keywords..... it is located here:

The members name is - digitalpoint

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/

Maybe this will help

rtp
  7. Contributing User

Websailor,
    Hi! the free tool you can use for monitoring your rank for certain keywords in Google is
    Google Monitor

As far as your site, I like how it looks, but in your visible text you may want to change those paragraphs of keywords you have into more user friendly english. Try to focus on 2-3 keywords only and work them into a first paragraph. Then smatter them throughout your page in logical places (links, alt tags on images, etc..)

As far as your title, keep to no more than 60 characters, and also try to write an eye-catching sentence that incorporates your keywords, like

"Designer Inspired Replica Handbags at top Knockoff prices"

or something like that, it incorporates your main keywords in various forms, in a readable sentence that catches the bargain hunters eye.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the info, but about the title

I'm a bit confused after reading the posts here. Basically does the keyword have to be in a string to be effective in the title? Or if the words are scattered throughout that is good enough. For example, I would like to change and optimize for these three keywords:

1) Designer Handbags
    2) Replica Handbags
    3) knockoff handbags

So can I have a title with:
    "Shop here for your Designer, Replica, and knockoff handbags!"

or do i need to have the strings intact:

"shop here for - Designer Handbags, Replica Handbags, & Knockoff Handbags"

Because if that's the case, then I would need to use handbags 3 times in my title if necessary. Thanks for the help.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Title Tag

Hi Websailor,

I can tell you how I managed to get a page at No. 27 in Google to No. 4. In my business directory there is a listing of hotels. Originally the title tag read “Hotels and Guest Houses in the Wimbledon Business Directory”. So I changed it to “Wimbledon Hotels & Guest Houses in the Wimbledon Business Directory” and on the next Google crawl it leapt to No. 4. This bears out my advice which is to have the title tag reflecting what a surfer may type. There is an excellent tutorial located at http://www.abakus-internet-marketing...ial/coding.htm and that link will take you to where the author discusses title tags. If you wanted to optimise for several phrases another way could be to optimise your title tag in different pages to reflect this, assuming that your text on those pages reflects the words in your title tag. As to repetition of keywords in the title tag opinions vary. Some say don’t use the keyword more than once and some say not more than twice.

What about something like “Designer Handbags, Replica & Knockoff Handbags – Your One Stop Shop”

I sometimes use my main keyword twice in the title tag and still find those pages in the first 10. BTW I can’t see a Description in your meta tags – some search engines use this in the search results and a good description can boost click throughs. Thanks Comval for that positioning link – it’s just the job.
    Last edited by wimbledon; Sep 21st, 2003 at 05:42 AM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

ancor text

I would also suggest to check the ancor text used to link back to you
  15. No Profile Picture

Also remember that "designer handbags" is a much more searched and competitive term than "designer inspired handbags". Also, while you may make a signifigant number of sales from "designer handbags", it's googles goal to only show results pertaining to genuine designer handbags when someone searches for that(they're hoping you'll buy adwords to sell your stuff) ;)
  17. No Profile Picture

<meta NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Designer Handbags, Replica Handbags, Knockoff Handbags">

As far as I know it is still an issue, but my personal opinion is that the komma isn't necessary in the keyword tag.

<meta NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Designer Replica Knockoff Handbags">

It allows all combinations like this in any order. And you can add more keywords like this.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/su...igner+Handbags

note what people are searching......
    and
    put some more text ...
    eg:
    in http://www.voguewear.com/gucci/Gu-1.html
    u can write replica designer handbags
    beside Gucci Style 1