1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can Someone Explain KEI?

Dear Member
    I would like to know if my meaning of KEI is correct?
    The higher number of the KEI = more popular keywords = more competitive since many people
    search that keywords ????? I am very confused of the KEI .. i just sign up www.wordtracker.com.. Pls help
    thanks
    anne
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

higher KEI indicates a higher popularity of a keyword, not necessarily a higher competition. one of SEO strategies is too find higher KEI but lower competition. there has been always a debate on how we measure keyword competiton. it could be very simple or very complex. I look at PR of top 10 as a simple way to measure keyword competition.
  5. No Profile Picture

Do u use www.wordtracker.com to check the kEI ? or there is someother service to use?

Originally Posted by dejaone
    higher KEI indicates a higher popularity of a keyword, not necessarily a higher competition. one of SEO strategies is too find higher KEI but lower competition. there has been always a debate on how we measure keyword competiton. it could be very simple or very complex. I look at PR of top 10 as a simple way to measure keyword competition.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,

I developed a tool that extracts data from overture, I use them to chek the importance of the keywords I use in my own site. It has been usefull and acorate to me so far. Take a look http://www.huebit.ws/tools/keyword_generator.php
    Hope I could help both of you.

Hugo Vieira

Last edited by dazzlindonna; Nov 29th, 2004 at 10:58 AM. Reason: no fake sigs allowed or live links for 90 days and 100 posts
  9. No Profile Picture

Related Information about wordtracking tool

Hi Anclo--

KEI stand for Keyword Effectiveness Index, which measures how effective a keyword is for your web site. You can check this by Google webmaster tools.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

KEI stands for Keyword Effectiveness Index, which measures how effective a keyword is for your web site.

It compares the number of search for keyword (popularity) with the number of search results (competitiveness) to identify which keywords are the most effective for your campaign.
  13. No Profile Picture

Wordtracker's KEI figure

Hi there, I'm Mal and I work with Wordtracker - and I'm amazed to see this thread wake up again!

To give a clear answer about what KEI is (and it's changed significantly since this thread was started in 2004), it's a figure that shows the relationship between search volume (the amount of times a keyword is searched) and competition (the amount of pages already directly optimized for that keyword). It's shown on a scale of 1 to 100 - a low KEI means that there's not much search volume but lots of competition - and a high KEI shows those keywords with high search volume and low competition.

It's important to realize that rather than being an expression of the raw numbers, KEI is showing the relationship between search volume and competition - so it's best to compare KEI for keywords in a single niche. The figure is intended as a guide rather than as the absolute truth about which keywords to use, but over the years thousands of our customers have found it helpful.

There's an article which goes a bit more in-depth at: Keyword Effectiveness Index (KEI) | Wordtracker - and if you have any other questions, either just reply here or drop us a line at support@wordtracker.com

All the best,

Mal
  15. No Profile Picture

KEI stands for Keyword Effectiveness Index. The KEI compares the number of searches for a keyword with the number of search results to pinpoint which keywords are most effective for your campaign.

17. No Profile Picture

KEI stands for Keyword Effectiveness Index. SEO's First Preference is to find High KEI but Low Competition.
  19. No Profile Picture

The higher the KEI, the more popular your keywords are, and the less competition they have. That means that you might have a better chance of getting to the top.