1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can anyone judge the competition of these two phrases?

Hi everyone, I searched these two phrases on the 1st page of Google:
    1)weed control fabric, (there're 1,500,000 results)
    2)bulk bags, (2,830,000 results)

Found organic searches of 1) are mostly HOMEPAGES of company sites, most of them are competitors of our company.

For 2) are mostly INNER PAGES B2C or big e-commerce sites,such as Amazon, Walmart, and other B2C sites, youbube, landscaping.about.com as well.

Based on the above, could anyone can classify their competition? Which one is more easier to be ranked on 1st page?
    Thanks!
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I feel like this is a difficult question to answer off the cuff. Competition isn't the only thing that's important, is it? What are people who will convert actually searching for? Stuff like that.

My gut feeling is that "bulk bags" will probably have more difficult competition because, like you've said, big giants like Amazon and Walmart are competing there. It's a more general term and it has many different uses...so that makes it a little more complicated I imagine. I could be totally off base though - seek lots of sources and do plenty of research before acting on anything
  5. No Profile Picture

Mark,very appreicated to your help! I did a research of these two phrases,if possible,please take your time to help me to analysis them, I did the following job:

Organic searches on Google:

SERPs on 1st page of 1):Quite of few are HOMEPAGES, most are product webpages,meanwhile,most of them are competitors of our company.

Of 2):Are mostly INNER PAGES B2C or big e-commerce sites,such as Amazon, Walmart, and other B2C sites, and youbube, landscaping.about.com as well.

Analyzed with Google keyword planner:

1) Monthly searches:4400, competition:high(1.0), bid price:RMB4.01
    2) Monthly searches:2400, competition:high(0.96), bid price:RMB30.29

Used Moz keyword tool to analysis:
    1) Volume:501-850, Difficulty:34,
    2) Volume:851-1000, Difficulty:1

As some people think Google keyword planner is mainly useful to Google Adwards,this tool is not very available to SEO analysis.However,I think it has great reference value.

Let's see the results of MOZ tool,obviously I should choose 2) because it is high volume and low difficulty,but how can I get the conversion of them? Maybe 1) has high conversion because of its high competition, I am very very confused to this problem.

On the other hand, how to analysis the competitions with a combination of the above three ways?
    Or, just use the MOZ keyword tool to do research because it is accurate enough?
  7. No Profile Picture

Sorry made a big mistake, the beginning should be:
    Organic searches on Google:

SERPs on 1st page of 1):Are mostly INNER PAGES B2C or big e-commerce sites,such as Amazon, Walmart, and other B2C sites, and youbube, landscaping.about.com as well.
    Of 2):Quite of few are HOMEPAGES, most are product webpages,meanwhile,most of them are competitors of our company.