1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Best Keyword Tool for Longtail

With all the keyword software tools out there, which one is the best for finding long tail keywords? Google tool for my niche is not good.

Also, has anyone had any luck with Wordtrackers Link Building tool?
  3. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

i haven't tried that Wordtrackers Link Building.. and i don't use any kw tool for searching long tail kws.. I just use google and analyze the results..
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I follow the same process as leftybogs google keyword tool uk for me as outside the US and make sure your logged in, read that it affects the results...
  7. No Profile Picture

Wordtrackers Link Building tool is nice but it's payable. Google keyword tool are usefulll and tottly free for any user but they give 1 or 2 month old data, but you can use google trends or insight also to find out more and latest.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by trentster
    Google tool for my niche is not good.
    I'm not sure why google's keyword tool wouldn't be good for a particular niche - Surely that's the best way to find out how highly your keywords rank as most people use google.. unless your keyword is not searched very often so that it comes up as a "-" instead of a figure of views per month on there.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use a combination of the Adwords Keyword Tool, and google.com/trends. Its always best to use more than one strategy for better accuracy
  13. No Profile Picture

For a long time I've left this job in the hands of others. But for the past 7-8 months I've been using (w/o reading about it first) google's adword tool, it's been hard to do at times I admit, seeing searches like '1.500.000' for two completely different worded phrases was hard to take at times. Until a few days a go when I was chatting with a fella optimizer and then he dropped the bomb "why are you using that crap? the numbers are at least 20-30 times higher then real values, the estimates are wrong on big keywords".

At this point I just froze, because deep in my heart I always knew that something was wrong with those numbers. Since then I tried wordtracker and seobook, but god damn it, "house music" for example has on google 1.5 mils/month and on this 510/day x30= 15.100/month.

Now I don't have to point out the discrepancy. Fact is, I've based entire projects around the numbers show by google alone and the firms I've worked with had substantial sales due to the traffic from those KW's(I always check the analytics), however, the more I read about google's adword tool the worst things get in my mind.

This might seem as a non issue at this moment, "well if it worked until now why stop now?"... and maybe is as simple as that but when confronted with the fact that ALL my work the past few years in this domain might be based on a faulty tool the seed of doubt started growing me and I stopped using it for now. What would you advise?

PS: sorry for derailing the thread with my problem but no use starting a new one when the very first one deals with the same problem.
    Last edited by kreatorr; Feb 1st, 2012 at 08:59 PM.