1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Another Keyword ?

Long story short I am basic noob on web publishing and will probably remain that way. But, we traded some work for a domain (that or not get paid) and since I am kind of the resident IT guy it is my responsibility.

Anyway, we have built a website (cheapautomotiveproducts.com) where promote various vendors through affiliate marketing. I am trying to optimize traffic to the sight via keywords, but was wondering where the best place to place them would be? Would it be in the main paragraph on the front page, or as a footer? Does anyone have a website I can visit that would give me a good example?

If I am not mistaken I can't use affiliate related keywords but can use generic ones related to the product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My suggestion is that the keyword you want to use should contain the words from your first webpage, including the location, product or service and do not try to be short, long tail keywords are more competitive. And try to place some of your keywords on the top of the main page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The most important place to put keywords is the title tag. Use 2-3 of your top phrases in there. After that I'd optimize the first little blurb above the fold for the same phrases or at least slight variations of them.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

And think you are using google keyword tools
  9. No Profile Picture

My proposal is that the catchphrase you need to utilize may as well hold the statements from your first site page, incorporating the area, item or administration and don't attempt to be short, long tail catchphrases are more focused.