Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

MajesticSEO Reviews

MajesticSEO is an advanced backlink research tool that maintains its own database of URLs. Just a few features of the tool:

• Site Explorer: Avery detailed and well-visualized analysis of any domain
    • Keyword checker: Shows how popular any keyword (or phrase) it is;
    • Link profile fight: Compare the backlink profiles of two sites and visualize this comparison
    • Backlink history: Graphical view on your backlink acquisition history
    • Neighborhood checker: Explore sites on the same domain and see if they can be dangerous

MajesticSEO has developed two really indepth metrics to measure the power of your backlink profile:

• Citation Flow: weighted by the number citations to a given URL, or Domain
    • Trust Flow: weighted by the number of clicks from a seed set of trusted sites to a given URL, or Domain

Would you like to discuss MajesticSEO? Do you have any questions? Ask them here!

Comments on this post

• navdeeep agrees
    Attached Images
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How can I set up the API in Excel to quickly check 1000s of links - finding out their trust and citation flow values.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi Giggity,
    It's very easy to cut and paste up to 400 of URLs or upload a csv of up to 100,000 on the bulk link checker tool and you can export those results - so no API necessary if you want to get a one of in 60 seconds. However - I know of two people that have built Excel plugins which use the API (Actually - they use OpenApps, which means you can use these with just a silver account if you want). They are "SEOGadget" and "SEO Tools for Excel". I am sure you could see their code if you want to build your own command using the API - but the command you need is GetIndexItemInfo but you will need to chunk this in batches of 100.
    Dixon.
  7. No Profile Picture

I have a question about the redirects and how links show up. We changed the URL structure of our website and created 301 redirects to the new URL's. Now when I check the new URL there are no links pointing to it according to the Site Explorer. Will the links end up showing up for the new page once they are crawled again? Or will I need to keep checking the old URL's?
  9. No Profile Picture

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I just ran a Link Profile Fight between my site and one that ranks on page 1 of Google for one of my primary keyword phrases. My site has higher Trust Flow and Citation Flow numbers, as well as more external backlinks and more referring domains. But my site ranks beyond page 10 for this keyword.

What might be the reason for this? I know it isn't a manual penalty. And I can't imagine it being relevance, since my site is totally dedicated to home recording, unlike the other site.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ken
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Ken,
    That sounds a bit TOO much like a consulting question to answer directly. Majestic is the custodians of the data, not the interpretation. However - here are some ideas:
    1: The flow metrics give an idea of page strength, but NOT in context. Just because Twitter.com has HUGE flow metrics scores, does not means Twitter should rank number one for "Credit cards" because that would be out of content.
    2: MOST likely, you have a high proportion of links with your target anchor text in comparison to a "natural" link profile. This usually happens when trying to hard to get links for SEO instead of getting links to help build relationships and your brand.
    3: Majestic does not discount links or give links negative values as Google does these days. Our metrics should mostly remove the need to do this, but of course, we are fallable for sure on individual instances.

My guess is #2. You have overcooked the anchor text.
    Dixon.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here is an article that may well help: Why Counting Links Is Not So Easy | SEOmoz

However - if you want, you can sumbit the redirecting URLs to our URL submitter - then I guess we would recrawl them and find the redirects.
  15. No Profile Picture

Thanks Dixon! Great info.

Cheers,

Ken
  17. No Profile Picture

Hi, hope this is the right place for this.

I'm trying to find a way of discovering how many links may have been lost due to a site migration that occurred in Sept 2012. I've seen the Majestic 'Lost Links' function, which could be useful, but I only have a free account atm and the data only goes back to Oct. Does anyone know if a paid account will allow me to see data from further back, or have a good method for checking link numbers over a series of months?

Thanks
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Dan,
    You don't even need a paid account! Verify your domain, then get a free advanced report for your site using the Historic index. You then need to filter that report for links that were reported as "lost" in the weeks after your site migration. (Bear in mind we will only mark the link as lost on the day we re-crawl it, not the date of the migration.
    Dixon.
  21. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by DixonJones
    Hi Ken,
    That sounds a bit TOO much like a consulting question to answer directly. Majestic is the custodians of the data, not the interpretation.
    I'm sure you created your own trust curve ... Google didn't hand you the secret sauce like you elude to later in your post... so you do try to interpret the data in some meaningful way... it just might not be how Google interprets it which is a fair reason why the results are not supported by the data.

3: Majestic does not discount links or give links negative values as Google does these days. Our metrics should mostly remove the need to do this, but of course, we are fallable for sure on individual instances.
    Here's around interpretation. I'm sure if Google disclosed what it does it would be included in your tool's equation

My guess is #2. You have overcooked the anchor text.
    Dixon.
    ...or your tool is just "WRONG!"

I generally don't like public offered tools because the owners never EVER disclose what they are actually guessing about.
    Last edited by fathom; Apr 11th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That's a pretty weird post Fathom. I guess your mind is made up. I don't really know how to respond to that, frankly. I'll try though.

I'm sure you created your own trust curve ...
    Sure we do. It is called Trust Flow We launched it on 14th May last year and we explain it here.
    Here's around interpretation.
    I don't understand what that means
    ...or your tool is just "WRONG!"
    Yes. Yes there is always that possibility isn't there. Have you tried it yet? Doesn't really sound like it, fathom.
  25. rod@missionop.com

That's a pretty weird post Fathom. I guess your mind is made up. I don't really know how to respond to that, frankly. I'll try though.

Sure we do. It is called Trust Flow We launched it on 14th May last year and we explain it
    It's a cool development that does not do much to aid understanding of why or why not your website or some other website ranks better in Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask (or any other search engine) because Google interpretation of links are exclusive to Google and does not use Trust Flow as a qualifying matrix.

I don't understand what that means
    That's the point... you don't understand what negative numbers (if any) Google assigns to inorganic links.

Yes. Yes there is always that possibility isn't there. Have you tried it yet? Doesn't really sound like it, fathom.
    No I don't build and offer publicly offered tools that affords me an unbiased vantagepoint. The better tools one can use for their own website (for Google) in Google's WMT tools. Obviously if you don't have access to that (for competitors) you need to use something if you are interested in competitive analysis but the correct answer to the question asked could be #4.

#4. MajesticSEO maybe just a bad guess... but that isn't important < it's Cool to use!
  27. SEO Since 97

What fathom is saying and I agree is that any tool you use is the tool makers interpretation of how to crunch the data as far as what the algo is looking for. The only tools that are really useful IMO is a descent ranking and back-link tool. I'd much rather crunch the data myself with the url and that information, 99 percent of the time I'll know more than any tool will.
  29. No Profile Picture

For having been unable to find other appropriate place, I have opted to post the simple question below here:

Site Explorer of Majestic SEO did not succeed in verifying a small but important portion of the sites I manage and asks for robots.txt to be at the root directory of the failed websites. However, I could not find an explanation of what the text file contains. Please advise me the code to insert into the robots.txt file.

Thanks in advance,

Ead
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: