1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Toolbar not showing

Hi,

Not sure if I'm doing this right, meaning I hope I've posted this in the right place and not wasted anybody's time.

Lately, I had been having trouble with the Quick search feature on Google Toolbar. Coincidentally, I've also been getting script errors which seem to relate to the use of the toolbar. I found I could start my browser (Firefox) in safe mode, check the "reset toolbars and controls" box, then restart Firefox, and the toolbar would work, but then fail again next time I started my browser.

This being very annoying, I also uninstalled and reinstalled both Firefox and Google Toolbar to see if that made any difference. Now, my system says the toolbar is installed, but it doesn't show in my browser. I also found that the space is there where the toolbar is supposed to be, but no toolbar shows. I know this because when I uninstalled the toolbar, the space disappeared, then reappeared when I reinstalled the toolbar.

I hope I haven't overextended my thread here, but I thought I should explain everything. I can always access quick search from my taskbar, but I like the autofill function. What the heck, if i have any more trouble though, it's not worth having Google Toolbar just for that. I was just hoping somebody could explain what the problem might be. Thank you.

bigbeardedbuddy
  3. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I thinks its probably a tecnical question for the good folk at Google/Mozilla rather than here, but I might be wrong.
  5. Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

A small Google search could have got you your answer

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by WhiteHatSEOMktg
    I thinks its probably a tecnical question for the good folk at Google/Mozilla rather than here, but I might be wrong.

I appreciate your input Whitehat; will look into it. Thanks.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

google tool bar

if the tool bar is not showing then go to the view option there mark the tool bar option you can get the tool bar in your IE page otherwise you have to install the google toolbar from the net then only its comes ..................
    where you get the options like to search from the google directly which make your work easy.........
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Toolbar not showing

Hi.............
    If this is so then goto the VIEW option and mark the toolbar option,
    otherwise reinstall it again.
    Last edited by anamika; Oct 7th, 2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: for spelling mistake
  13. No Profile Picture

I think you have to enable to google toolbar in the browser going to --> Tools --> Add-Ons.. and select the Google Toolbar and click on Enable button. (You will see the Google Toolbar in the list once you installed it).. The browser might need to re-start once its enabled.

I hope you will find this helpful.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

did you also install the new Blekko toolbar too? that is causing some difficulties synching with G's toolbar in IE 8 or IE 9....

?

Jim
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!