1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Angry Toolbar "loading"

I've got two fresh installs of Windows 7 OEM on two different machines. One Windows 7 Ultimate X64, one Windows 7 Home Premium x86.

I install latest Google Toolbar on IE 8 or IE 9 with or without doing updates to the OS, with no other software installed, and the toolbar will not sign in. It just says "loading" in the upper right hand corner of the Google Toolbar. This is a problem because my Google Bookmarks won't load if the toolbar never signs in.

I've experienced this issue before, and found the fix on a Google Toolbar forum hosted by Google, but it seems there is no longer a Google Toolbar forum. I know its a registry key edit, but I don't remember which key.

I've posted other places and I've been told to reset IE settings, clear cache, cookies, history, and to ensure Google Toolbar addons are enabled. I don't need to do these things. These are both fresh installs of Windows 7. I've literally installed Windows 7, got the computer on the Internet and immediately installed Google Toolbar, and it will not sign in. There's nothing to reset, no history to clear, no cache, no viruses, no nothing. But I can take the same computers, and install Windows XP Pro, and the toolbar signs in no problems.

Does anyone know what registry key needs to be edited?

Thanks,
    Frustrated in NC
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Have you also tried the Google Chrome browser, and one of the old versions of Firefox?