1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Webmaster - Crawl Errors

Google webmaster tools showing some kind of crawler errors like http 400, 403 and soft 404 error. I am newbie in google webmaster. Please help me how to resolve these all issues.

Waiting for a good response.
  3. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

first you have to understand the meaning of those errors:

404 - 404 or Not Found error message, indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server either could not find the file that was requested, or it was configured not to fulfill the request and not reveal the reason why.

400 - Bad Request

403 - Forbidden 404 Not Found

this site can also help you with the solutions: http://www.checkupdown.com/status/error1.html
  5. No Profile Picture

@leftybogs Thank you so much for your reply but I knew the meaning of all those errors. Please help me to resolve them.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your site developer must be able to resolve these issues, as this are development issues, and you must asked your developer to look into these and fix them, it is his responsibility, and you must not suffer cause of his sloppy work.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

this is because your website/page is unavailable when the time of google crawler visit your website/page. this may happen sometimes (because of server down for maintenance/upgrade etc).. no need to worry. if you're able to open your website/page then please wait for some days. google crawler will revisit all the pages or sites you have submitted in google webmastertools...
  11. No Profile Picture

jimmyperkins35 : No.. I have to resolve this issue.

Please help me on how to add site urls in robots.txt file, so that i will be able to remove all those errors from webmaster.....
    Waiting for a good response....Site is developed on .asp net.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by laxmi03
    jimmyperkins35 : No.. I have to resolve this issue.

Please help me on how to add site urls in robots.txt file, so that i will be able to remove all those errors from webmaster.....
    Waiting for a good response....Site is developed on .asp net.
    Is your site on a Windows or linux server? Check your GWMT to see the 404 error pages, it may be you removed some pages or were renamed or something like that... if that's the case, I usually go into my .htaccess file and redirect the non-existent pages to avoid those crawl errors like this:

redirect 301 /blog/old_page_here.html (insert the new/correct full url here)

Sorry, but the forum will not let me put the full sample url there. Hope it helps
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Re: Google webmaster crawler errors

Originally Posted by laxmi03
    Google webmaster tools showing some kind of crawler errors like http 400, 403 and soft 404 error. I am newbie in google webmaster. Please help me how to resolve these all issues.

Waiting for a good response.
    Hi,

This is good that you know about all the errors(400,403 & 404). Now try to solve it one by one. Take 404 errors first. Visit each error one by one, open each link where 404 comes. Now check the pages, it is possible that you will place a wrong hyperlink or textual link. Rectify them if possible otherwise remove them by placing it in the URL removal tool. Now fix the error. For 400 error check your 400 Bad Request error is because the URL may be typed wrong or the link that was clicked had some error. Now last 403 error, it may be possible that at the time of pinging it may not get any response or find directory structure from where user may fetch the data. Check this issue to.

Hope you will got your solution, if not feel free to discuss more.