Thread: Linking Google+

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Linking Google+

Hi, I was wondering whether google score a website based on google+ +1s, does it afffect ranking, if so how would one go about doing that. Currently I just have links from my site to my google+ page. Is there another way i should look into to get the most out of my profile.

any advise would be appreciated, or could someone steer me in the right direction, thanks.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello!

I'm trying to understand your question a little better - are you wondering if the +1s you get on Google Plus posts have an impact on your site's ranking in SERPs? If so, I'd take a look at this thread: Likes & Shares: No impact on Search Engine Results?

The conclusion there seemed to "no, social signals like +1s do not lead to higher web rankings," but the whole thread is definitely worth reading.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Google Business Pages are helpful, especially reviews seem to be a ranking factor in local searches.
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The conclusion there seemed to "no, social signals like +1s do not lead to higher web rankings," but the whole thread is definitely worth reading.
    great thanks. I had heard somewhere that +1s were a leading factor in SERPs. The evidence suggests other wise. I'll read the article.

Google Business Pages are helpful, especially reviews seem to be a ranking factor in local searches.
    How exactly does that work. How does google know that the google+ page is linked to my business. Do you think they check these things. Does this only affect the information that comes up on google about businesses in your area. Like say I type in quality carpets and get the normal results, but sometimes get a list of businesses with that name imbedded in the results. How are all these bits of information linked.

Say I have a business profile on google maps, I have a google+ page and I have a website. I'm guessing that they are all individual parts of my business and they are not related in googles eyes at all. If my profile has reviews i get review information listed with google maps. If I have loads of +1s my profile is more likely to appear in relevant search results and the website is totally unrelated.

Would that be a correct assumption. I suppose it clarifies to add that I'm still mostly thinking in terms of SERPs.
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by qualitycarpets
    great thanks. I had heard somewhere that +1s were a leading factor in SERPs. The evidence suggests other wise. I'll read the article.
    Just to make sure, this is the reference https://www.stonetemple.com/measurin...arch-rankings/

The +1 feature is NOFOLLOW and so are all Google+ links. But in the authorship code there is a DOFOLLOW link. However, since Google recently discontinued support for authorship it is unclear whether that link remains active. Since you cannot see passed PageRank anymore it is difficult to determine if it is still viable.

However, I have a great project in development at this time with a due date to launch September 30, 2015 which will exclusively target this question with no other links other than the Google+ Authorship link.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees