1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to verify Google plus page with a shared address?

I recently changed my UK address and now it is a shared address which is used by other companies as well. Now as per guidelines i have to
    verify my new address again. But when I am clicking on verify now it is giving me a message that this address or listing is already claimed by
    someone else. Now my question is what should be my next step? Should I claim the address here or should I ask the original address owner of the building to verify my google plus page.

Kindly suggest me what should i do?

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

This is very tricky...

You would think that Google would be smart enough to realize this would happen. And it probably happens to a decent number of people. And yet, as far as I can tell, they haven't created a process to handle this well.

Based on some quick research I found two things:

1. https://productforums.google.com/for...rs/UFpAC_uQmTg (which suggests that "...it is a shared resource that gets one business listing for Google Places and Maps...")
    2. https://support.google.com/business/.../4566671?hl=en (Which suggests contacting the manager of the current account)

I don't know if contacting the manager of the current account will help much - I don't know if one account can be optimized for two businesses.

There are multiple ways to verify a local business listing...maybe there's a way to use something other than the address or a postcard? https://support.google.com/business/.../7107242?hl=en

I would try contacting Google directly about this. I'm shocked that I wasn't able to find a definitive answer to this question in Google's official documentation. Seems like a big oversight on their part. Or it could be that I was just looking in the wrong places. Maybe others will know more.

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well I dont know the answer. But I can tell you for sure that nothing with Google Plus or Google Maps is as simple and straightforward as it ought to be. Infact most things about Google Maps, Business and plus are ill thought out, poorly designed and lack any reasoning or logic.

As you can tell Im very frustrated (Currently trying to regsiter a few businesses Im working for and get them some reviews etc)
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I have answer for this question. If you are using same address for multiple(Say 2) businesses, then google will block any one account and displays the message called "duplicate address". After few days Google will call us and ask some questions. 15 days back same thing happened to me and now my account is blocked. I suggest you to contact Google for further information.
  9. No Profile Picture

Dear nidhisood64,

We've business in many other location than Bangalore, If you try to verify one business with different location, Google will definetly block your one address (might happen with your first verified address).
    You can read new article updated by search engine land on verifying one business via multiple location here: A guide to Google My Business for multi-location brands