1. No Profile Picture
    The Dog Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

PR is important, but only notionally.

I am a little surprised that seochat still has a folder dedicated to this.

After having read a lot of threads in here, there seems to be a lot of anxiety about everyones PR. PR is mostly important for someone wanting to link with you, or for that page to rank highly.

Since the scale is logarithmic, there is a huge difference between pr 2 and pr 4 that most sites seem to sit between.

Yes its good to get a pat on the back from google to let you know how your link campaign is going, but with very sparse updates and the fact PR is in integers, its a fairly outdated concept.

While PR is updated very rarely by google, google obviously ranks you every time it passes over your site and gauges every pages power. So every 2 to 10 days (depending on how attractive to google you make your site) google will re rate you and then rank you for a given keyword based on the last pass.

Yes, I want high PR on every page of my sites, but it does seem that a lot of people, under rate/ over rate its power/value ?? Yes?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by bruce99
    I am a little surprised that seochat still has a folder dedicated to this.

After having read a lot of threads in here, there seems to be a lot of anxiety about everyones PR. PR is mostly important for someone wanting to link with you, or for that page to rank highly.

Since the scale is logarithmic, there is a huge difference between pr 2 and pr 4 that most sites seem to sit between.

Yes its good to get a pat on the back from google to let you know how your link campaign is going, but with very sparse updates and the fact PR is in integers, its a fairly outdated concept.

While PR is updated very rarely by google, google obviously ranks you every time it passes over your site and gauges every pages power. So every 2 to 10 days (depending on how attractive to google you make your site) google will re rate you and then rank you for a given keyword based on the last pass.

Yes, I want high PR on every page of my sites, but it does seem that a lot of people, under rate/ over rate its power/value ?? Yes?
    yeah PR is vastly overrated, I have a PR3 site for 3 years and neverrrr get > 100 unique visits/day.