1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Sites falling and rising in the serps

Hello everyone

Is it normal for new sites (2 to 3) months old to fluctuate in the serps?I have been checking my rankings with SEO Keyword ranking for about a month and a half and its quiet scary to see how some of them have been ranking fairly stable for a while and then dropped to non-existence only to start slowly climbing again.Other keywords are affected only slightly.My target KW has fallen from the serps and has been out for about a week now, its worrying me.

Just a side note.

If you could mention just one white hat technique to use to get your sites climbing what would it be?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I've seen that happen quite often, this is the time to make sure your optimization is firing on all pages.
    But it should level out soon.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think this is all because of Relative keyword, your targeted keyword create less traffic than related keyword as targeted keywords have high traffic( that's why you choose them). It is not cause of fear. You should consistently do you job on your targeted keyword, they will get position in SERP.

Comments on this post

• thegodfather : Totally off-topic and nonsensical!
  7. No Profile Picture

You can rest assured that this is very typical of websites that are new to having any SEO work carried out on them. The main thing is to remain consistent with the work you are doing and make sure it adheres to white hat SEO practices. What I have found is that these fluctuations tend to reduce month by month as your website stabilizes its positions. Hope this helps?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

We know that Google regularly changing their algorithm, even yesterday Google published a new change in algorithm on twitter. It's really a hard job to get good ranking in a month or couple of months. I think you should concentrate on your promotion activities and rest of the things will Google perform, hope everthing will be in your favour. Same things also happened to me, i got good results after long time in my case.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It's called the "Honeymoon" effect. A new site will seem to randomly bounce up an down the serps, you have nothing to worry about. It'll eventually level itself out.