1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Pagerank reduced drastically

Hi everyone..

My website's google pagerank was 3 till last week, but today when i checked it's 0. My website registered on .ca domain and there an another website with same name on .com domain.
    can anyone help me out.

Thank.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Help you out how?
    The page rank indicator is a measurement of the pr coming to your site through links. That indicator isn't always right either.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Help you out how?
    The page rank indicator is a measurement of the pr coming to your site through links. That indicator isn't always right either.
    Is it possible that a website that a website with pagerank 3 comes down to 0 in a fortnight. I checked there's no pagerank update from Google.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Founder, SEOChat.com :)
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by Mark1982
    Is it possible that a website that a website with pagerank 3 comes down to 0 in a fortnight. I checked there's no pagerank update from Google.
    Yes it's very possible... it can happen overnight. May be due to link spamming. Probably a large batch of links you had got thrown out, and probably they threw out the baby with the bath water.
    Darrin J. Ward, the Founder of SEO Chat (this site
    FREE CHAT BOX FOR YOUR SITE OR BLOG
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi everyone..

My website's google pagerank was 3 till last week, but today when i checked it's 0. My website registered on .ca domain and there an another website with same name on .com domain.
    can anyone help me out.

Thank.
    this is one of the main reasons, why I never tried black hat seo or black pr, try work always honestly, and google will appreciate your works and will give high marks!
  11. No Profile Picture

My site is on 3rd Page for my domain for one of the keyword but the domain page shows 0 PR. Can anyone please explain why? And how to increase it's ranking??
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Here we go again

The 'visible' PR that you see in the Google Toolbar (or is reported by sites that offer that 'service') is only updated 3 or 4 times a year; so the change will ALWAYS appear to happen overnight.

Not only that but it is not accurate and should only be considered indicative (as a side note NEVER buy links based on PR - you are asking to be scammed)

It will NOT be affected by someone else having a similar domain name. PR is purely based on the 'value' Google assigns to links to your website OR can be wiped if you are considered to be selling links based on PR (i.e. they take away your selling point)

Now, this means that without YOU doing anything your PR could go up or down as the sites that LINK TO YOU change amend their websites (add or remove links on the page for instance) or have the PR value of their page changed (more links in, or devalued, OR WIPED - see above) or are removed from the index (as spammy directories, link wheels, spam blogs, etc etc etc are on a regular basis)

So, if you are now '0' PR then you need to look at your page/site and think whether you are breaking any of Googles rules (and have been 'penalised') and consider the 'worth' of the links you have/had coming in and wonder whether they could have been devalued.

If you are happy you are not breaking any rules then just keep building 'good' links and don't worry about the PR. You certainly won't expect to see a change until the next 'PR Update' which could be tomorrow or could be 4 months.
  15. No Profile Picture

How to recover page rank

Hi friend
    We provide seo training in kolkata. It is unfortunate that the page rank of your website is diminishing from 3 to 0. I think it is affected by Google penguin new update. If you remove the on-page spam and bad links from your site and always good quality back links that will definitely increase of your page rank.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : Let's hope your seo training is not expensive... :crazyeyes
  17. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by competeinfotech
    Hi friend
    We provide seo training in kolkata. It is unfortunate that the page rank of your website is diminishing from 3 to 0. I think it is affected by Google penguin new update. If you remove the on-page spam and bad links from your site and always good quality back links that will definitely increase of your page rank.
    best you learn the basics of seo and pagerank before you offer any training services, because onpage factors have zero to do with the toolbar PR, only links pass on PR and that's a fact someone offering training should know already!

As for saying the loss in toolbar PR is because of the penguin update, that's not something you can do without looking at the site and knowing what's been done with it, so again, please learn before giving advice which could be incorrect.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  19. No Profile Picture
    The Dog Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

a theory, not the truth or bible ...

If you have bad links still pointing to you, that can hurt. If google shoots sites down, not sure if they remove it from when you check if those sites are linking to you, or just if they kill the juice to you.

So using a yahoo link check (as google shows very few links) or some other link checker, may give you answers.

another thing to check is google webmaster tools. if they show your site has a problem, you can at least know what you need to fix. Good luck!
  21. No Profile Picture

Hi everyone..

can anyone help me out.

Thank.
    Happens sometimes. You should build your backlink profile.