1. No Profile Picture

PAgerank on differet pages

Hi all,
    Quick question around page rank on differnt pages and how this would work.

Lets say my main page has a pagerank of 2 and my KB section a pagerank of 3 which is a subfolder but using the same primary domain name. Not a subdomain.

How can I increase domains pagerank for my main page? Does this mean eventually my main page will rank higher when all my other links or pages' pagerank increases?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Page Rank is just that - the weight given to the page, not the domain. Most domains have the majority of links pointing to the home page, and then due to their nature usually have a trickle down effect to sub pages. This is just because thats how most sites are built.

Page rank is just seen as "A link from site A to site B is seen as a vote for site B from site A" and a value is propagated due to this.

If you want to increase the PR of a particular page, get lots of links to it and don't link out from it.

But my general advice is not to worry about page rank. Its not as important as people generally think.
  5. No Profile Picture

Page rank increases on gaining the backlinks to that page. Different Page Ranks means that your other pages has more links than your main page. Try to to increase your backlinks for your main page. And most importantly it has no relation with domain
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by tstolber
    But my general advice is not to worry about page rank. Its not as important as people generally think.
    I don't fully agree with this last sentence, i got a lot of websites with a high PR status, the profit i get with these websites is when i make new landingspages or when i change the page, the results will be like 10 times faster noticeable then PR2 websites.

I've seen new pages who went from a couple of days from a 0 to a PR4 status, it took me like 7 days to get the page high in the SERP's, so my opinion is that a high PR status helps for sure.
  9. No Profile Picture

Yes articles or pages in PR domains can rank faster. but still if you are doing better onpage seo (keyword density etc) and create some quality backlinks, you can rank your pages fast on google.
  11. No Profile Picture

I have the same situation .
    My website homepage pagerank is 4 but I have page that have pagerank 6 and I know exactly why it is so .
    I have put on this page a lot of links , and this page have more link then my homepage .
  13. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by HiAdel
    I have the same situation .
    My website homepage pagerank is 4 but I have page that have pagerank 6 and I know exactly why it is so .
    I have put on this page a lot of links , and this page have more link then my homepage .
    You mean inbound links, right?
  15. No Profile Picture

You should collect backlinks on the specific page, the PR of which you want to increase
    Last edited by InfinMarkets; Jan 25th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

Ya if U Need More good rank Then Must Find Your site related Forums Social Sites Bookmark sites etc and must check high pr sites
  19. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the nice discussion. I am really helped .
  21. No Profile Picture

Well while reading all above the comments the conclusion is mixture of thoughts.

It is possible to have high PR than home page but it totally depends upon work strategy, how you have done work on inner page that have high PR . It is just a myth that if inner page PR increases then automatically home page PR increases but the main reason is PR increases due to work. If you have done quality work for inner page more than Homne page then automaticaaly inner page PR increases.

Yes it effects to the site if we create inbound links from High PR site. It effects the performance if you are creating backlinks from relevant , theme based High PR site. If you have done the same but it doesnt effects trhe performance then check whether link in nofollow or dofollow or if it is dofollow and you have not gain anything then check whether while indexing your link should be maintained. Some site owners do analysis and remove the hyperlink when google index their page and after indexing they revert it back.
  23. No Profile Picture

Nice info about page rank.
  25. No Profile Picture

If you want to increase the Page Rank of a particular page, get lots of links so can Find Result.