1. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Page Rank on inner pages of a new site

A client of mine has just launched a new site. When the Page Rank update happened this week we noticed that the homepage has a PR of 0 (not surprising for a new site that only has a few links so far).

The weird thing is that several of the inner pages have PR of 1 or 2. There are no links pointing to these pages.

How can this be?

I saw another site yesterday that had PR of 5, but an inner page with no external links had a PR of 6.

I don't really care much about what the PR is, but I'm just wondering how this can happen.
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I asked this question about a year ago and I don't think there is an answer, visible PR just seems a bit wacky sometimes for no obvious reason.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Yes, it's lag in the Toolbar and is thus, inaccurate. I've seen something similar to state it's limited to ToolBar reporting.

Comments on this post

• grgmathew agrees
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cool PageRank is determined by incoming links

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    A client of mine has just launched a new site. When the Page Rank update happened this week we noticed that the homepage has a PR of 0 (not surprising for a new site that only has a few links so far).

The weird thing is that several of the inner pages have PR of 1 or 2. There are no links pointing to these pages.

How can this be?

I saw another site yesterday that had PR of 5, but an inner page with no external links had a PR of 6.

I don't really care much about what the PR is, but I'm just wondering how this can happen.
    Interesting observation. PageRank is determined by the incoming links to the webpage. The information released by Google is out of date at the time of release.
    I do not think we can say for certain that a webpage has no links in the Google index. Google withholds most of this information.
    Hope this helps.

Regards

David