Thread: Need some help

    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Need some help


    Hello guys, I'm new here , hope someone can help me.
    I was Ranked as NR 1 in Google for my keyword, but 5 days ago my main page disappeared from Google , the sub-pages remained in Google. I have an wordpress site, the site is legal and I didn't get any notification from google, hope someone can help me, thanks.
    Last edited by inflameous; Nov 4th, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
  2. #2
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,510
    Rep Power
    1923
    Originally Posted by inflameous
    ... the site is legal ...
    This implies you are doing something shady, but it doesn't brake any laws.

    What is it that you are doing?

    I'd say that's the reason.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jsteele823
    This implies you are doing something shady, but it doesn't brake any laws.

    What is it that you are doing?

    I'd say that's the reason.
    It's giving away free beta keys, but in fact they dont work, it doesn't break any law, if that's the reason why only the index page isn't indexed, also i checked other Search Engines, same problem , maybe it's something wrong with the sitemap.xml or robots.txt?
  6. #4
  7. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gloucester (South West UK).
    Posts
    5,956
    Rep Power
    1239
    Originally Posted by inflameous
    It's giving away free beta keys, but in fact they dont work, it doesn't break any law, if that's the reason why only the index page isn't indexed, also i checked other Search Engines, same problem , maybe it's something wrong with the sitemap.xml or robots.txt?
    Maybe... What's the domain name? (You can't post the url but you can post it as: "mydomain-com")

    Comments on this post

    • Test-ok agrees : yea...post the url so we can stop guessing.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  8. #5
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,296
    Rep Power
    1989
    What were some of the last things you did, if you did anything?
  10. #6
  11. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York
    Posts
    710
    Rep Power
    524
    Originally Posted by inflameous
    maybe it's something wrong with the sitemap.xml or robots.txt?
    It can actually be robots.txt - I've seen many people disallowing their home pages or other important pages. Besides, if you say it disappeared from other engines (by the way, which?) as well, that's another fact that makes me think that should be Robots.txt

    Maybe you could copy your file here?
    Everything will be ok in the end

    If it's not ok, it's not the end
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Maybe... What's the domain name? (You can't post the url but you can post it as: "mydomain-com")
    smitebetakeys-com the robots file is robots.txt and the sitemap one is sitemap.txt i deleted the .xml one
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up


    Hi..

    Increase your inbound links to your website , then you are in top position.

    Thank You.

    Joel Mason

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo