1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is my site being penalized by Panda?

First off, I am no pro, and maybe therefore alone here in that regard. I just would like to build up my chiropractic clinic''s website and get some organic placement. However, being very new to this, I may have done a rather ignorant thing: I knew nothing about website creation, and was intimidated by it, thought I didn't have the time, etc, so I bought into one of these website management companies called chiromatrix. Of course they told me how they are the best, etc. But now that I have learned more I found out about "content farming." Chiromatrix has literally hundreds, maybe thousands, I don't really know how many, individual clients that they support with these generic websites. Now, once I have the website, I am free to spend as much time as a I want to optimize it, etc. however, they all have these newsletters, and patient educational material on them. for example, all of these websites have the same information and articles about common chiropractic themes, such as "what is sciatica" or, "can chiropractic help migraines," etc, etc. so, isn't this content farming? By me having these articles in my website, that are shared, isn't this just considered garbage by Panda? do I need to get rid of all this content on my website? Can I just edit/customize each article to make it a little different, and of courser ad unique content? I guess if I take out all of the, what they call "community content" it would be like, what did I pay these people for?
    I imagine every industry has these types of websites for business. But when yout get a web product like this, from what I learned, I think there are high google penalties compared to two years ago. now I am a little pisses at these sales people that swept me into their "awesome websites" that are really just content farms.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It's considered duplicate content and yes it's panda related. Which Panda smashed, squished and kicked to the curb, but the Panda is the easiest to recover from. Not seeing your site it's hard to say what you need to do next. Can you post it like this? www.mysite(dot)com.
  5. No Profile Picture

wait a second, I had a response with my website address but its gone!
  7. No Profile Picture

my website is sandiegochiropractictherapy.com
  9. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by Mantrain
    wait a second, I had a response with my website address but its gone!
    Yea...I saw that too, the forum must have had a hiccup last night..
    Anyway I looked at just one blog here.
    see here ...Looks like you might have duplicate content all over your site. A good start would be to either revise each one or take them down and start over.
  11. Digital Marketing

Your About Us page is even duplicated. If it were me I would strip the site of every single word and start over with new text. This should be written by YOU or at least under your supervision. It should compel people to come to you.

I would then promote through QUALITY inbound links. You are in a very low competition environment, a good SEO should have you up and ranking in a couple months at least for some good longtails.