1. No Profile Picture

My new site has seen its PR increased unexpectedly

My site certifacil.es is pretty new, it begun last September 3. The number of visitors is poor (approx 400/day). We haven´t done anything special at all, and all of a sudden the PR has increased from 0 to 4 in 75 days.
    Maybe the secret for a good PR is offering a rich information about a given field, regardless of any other concerns.
    Last edited by dzine; Dec 7th, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: link not necessary...
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by certifacil.es
    ... secret for a good PR is offering a rich information ...
    Hehe no, it doesn't work like that.

Please know that:
    1) you may have acquired enough backlinks for a PageRank=4 since the last time Google chose to update the Toolbar
    2) OR Maybe Google took a quick guess at your homepage's prospective PageRank. This has happened quite a lot in the past few years. Later, they will correct the value if your collection of backlinks proves to be insufficient.
    ...Hey you! FREE SEO report card ...I really my hosting company...
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you dzine for that swift reply. My site has now 169 backlinks, a dozen of them coming from PR4 sites. Only 32 come from my friends, I guess the rest is due to the a sheer public interest in my content. That´s why I´ve referred to providing rich information (quite naif, innit?) Hopefully we´ll keep that rank if the public keep interested in the site.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

i think that you have a lot of quality backlinks so it effected and increased your PR
  9. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If you believe opensiteexplorer this site has only 112 links from 14 domains.
    Most of them happen to be directories and forums. I seriously doubt they contributed much to the PR spike.
    Are you sure you have not redirected some older and PR carrying domains to this one?
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  11. No Profile Picture

May be you have rich content and value back links on your website.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by dzine
    2) OR Maybe Google took a quick guess at your homepage's prospective PageRank. This has happened quite a lot in the past few years. .
    I have learn quite a few from you over the pagerank part in other threads. But what kind of theory is this. Can you breif more about it.
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by certifacil.es
    My site certifacil.es is pretty new, it begun last September 3. The number of visitors is poor (approx 400/day). We haven´t done anything special at all, and all of a sudden the PR has increased from 0 to 4 in 75 days.
    Maybe the secret for a good PR is offering a rich information about a given field, regardless of any other concerns.
    My site lovestation.com.au was lanched in September 2010. Its rank was 2 and droped to 1 few days ago. My visitor is approx 70/day. How lucky you are!