1. No Profile Picture

Cool Incomplete page with the highest page rank, I am confused.

Hey everyone, my website went live November 2012 and most of the pages are not yet 100% complete, I have yet to do any serious keyword research and/or backlink promotion. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my homepage has PR1 while the others still had PR0. Within the last few days however almost all of the pages have reached page rank 1, except two of my blog articles for some strange reason. What has confused me is the fact my photography page now has PR2 despite that fact it is the least complete page and has a ( <meta name="robots" content="nofollow" /> ) tag. Some of the images also have duplicate title and alt tags which I still need to update so I am confused how this page has managed to rank above the other more complete pages.

I should note that I not to long ago broke down my "3D Digital Art" page into two more specific pages by category. The two specific pages have quickly jumped to PR2 which is promising as I plan to split up the other pages so that the keywords around images are more suited to the page. My images also rank well in Google images except those in the photography page, I assume this is due to the nofollow meta so I have no idea why it has surpassed other pages, any ideas? As you can probably tell I am still learning about onpage SEO.

I assume some will want to check out the domain, it is http://www.owenprescott.com/
    Last edited by owenprescott; Feb 10th, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by owenprescott
    Hey everyone, my website went live November 2012 and most of the pages are not yet 100% complete, I have yet to do any serious keyword research and/or backlink promotion. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my homepage has PR1 while the others still had PR0. Within the last few days however almost all of the pages have reached page rank 1, except two of my blog articles for some strange reason. What has confused me is the fact my photography page now has PR2 despite that fact it is the least complete page and has a ( <meta name="robots" content="nofollow" /> ) tag. Some of the images also have duplicate title and alt tags which I still need to update so I am confused how this page has managed to rank above the other more complete pages.

I should note that I not to long ago broke down my "3D Digital Art" page into two more specific pages by category. The two specific pages have quickly jumped to PR2 which is promising as I plan to split up the other pages so that the keywords around images are more suited to the page. My images also rank well in Google images except those in the photography page, I assume this is due to the nofollow meta so I have no idea why it has surpassed other pages, any ideas? As you can probably tell I am still learning about onpage SEO.

I assume some will want to check out the domain, it is Creative Freelance Portfolio of Owen Prescott
    I have seen your site. But I thought you are not clear with the terms no follow and no-index. Your site have content="nofollow". Meta content nofollow instruct search engines not to follow (i.e., crawl) any outgoing links on the page. As search engines are not restricted or told to not crawl your photography page, they have found have followed, indexed it and show in search results.

If you include NOINDEX, it will prevent the page from being included in the index (search results).
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Benney Swet
    Hey there,
    Well have you noticed Google New update?
    I really can't understand what you wana learn?can you explain in single line?
    I would like to find out why the photography page has the highest page rank, despite the longest load time, duplicate tags and almost no backlinks.

Originally Posted by seo Shruti
    I have seen your site. But I thought you are not clear with the terms no follow and no-index. Your site have content="nofollow". Meta content nofollow instruct search engines not to follow (i.e., crawl) any outgoing links on the page. As search engines are not restricted or told to not crawl your photography page, they have found have followed, indexed it and show in search results.

If you include NOINDEX, it will prevent the page from being included in the index (search results).
    In regards to the meta I made a mistake, I was confusing nofollow with noindex. I was supposed to add a noindex tag to the photography page, as I used the wrong meta tag I now understand why Google has indexed the page.