1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I need some help please

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster who could use some help and/or advice.

I have been tasked with improving conversions for www.ottawageneralcontractos.com which currently sits at 2%. The owner wants to see this number increase to 6% in the next 3 months and with SEO and PPC firing, the bounce rate of the site is still over 50% which leads me to believe that it is the site itself that is causing the lower conversions.

Any feedback, thoughts or advice you might have would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

2% Conversion Rate (I presume) and 50% bounce rate is pretty typical to fairly good.

You can gain a lot from AB split testing and if you have some decent traffic levels you can get some quick returns.

Another thing to look at is where your traffic comes from and how each traffic stream converts. For example - blog traffic might convert really well.
    Then look at different browser and platforms and see if there is anything there that is significantly different than other platforms, there may well be a root cause for this that you can address.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

this totally depends on type of traffic and source from where they came into your site either it's organic or inorganic.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi,

Your curiosity is valid. See,

first thing is it's depend on your site targeting keywords that where you want to focus. If it is for any particular city or state then it'll take less time to rank on 1st but if your target is in entire country or world then it'll take time immensely.

second thing is your ON Page optimization should be good and in the favor of your site. As more it'll wend and updated as good it'll perform to rank well.

third thing is you should concentrate on OFF page optimization deeply. Google frequently says, Do less submission but those submission should be on good and high PR site who cached so fast.

fourth thing is if you want to earn business in less time then SMO work will good for you as well. Do user friendly posts in distinctive websites and hence these all kind of strategies will be beneficial for you.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by dzine; Feb 9th, 2013 at 01:22 AM. Reason: sig
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Arcaign
    Hi all,

I have been tasked with improving conversions for a site which currently sits at 2%. The owner wants to see this number increase to 6% in the next 3 months and with SEO and PPC firing, the bounce rate of the site is still over 50% which leads me to believe that it is the site itself that is causing the lower conversions.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Arcaign
    Hi all,

I have been tasked with improving conversions for a site which currently sits at 2%. The owner wants to see this number increase to 6% in the next 3 months and with SEO and PPC firing, the bounce rate of the site is still over 50% which leads me to believe that it is the site itself that is causing the lower conversions.

Thanks
    To control this you can check out following

Why Bounce rate is there? - There can be several reasons behind this and one of the main reason is Content on Website. Use totally unique and fresh content on your website and get it protected. So that nobody can use your content.

Another reason is website design, website design plays vital role in catching customers and keep them busy on your website. So design a website in such a way that it is attractive and user-friendly.

These are the main reason of bounce rate.

After doing this much you can concentrate on internet-marketing such as SEO, SMO etc.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo