1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google PR does not increase traffic My practical experience

yes it is true what i mentioned in title.google page rank has no role to play in bringing the flood of traffic to your blog.but yet i belive that it has just become the medium of reputation.

and why am i saying this here is the reason.i am the owner of blog <snip> i did hard work to increase the page rank of this blog with one thing in mind that if page rank increases i will get huge amount of traffic to my blog. and my hard work paid me also after two moth SMART SEO work my blog page rank jumped to 3 from 1. and now what i thought i will get at least good minimum amount of traffic .But reality is too far from that.i have been still struggling for the traffic.why if google PR has a big role in driving traffic what happened to my blog.

PR is still 3 but crying for traffic.

and now here is my blog no.2 named as <snip> its page rank is 1 this blog is about dating tips and entertainment now here is the truth its page rank according to google is 1 but when it comes about traffic it is getting around 4,000 impressions in a day.

so from my experience one thing is very clear that google PR has no role to play in driving traffic flood to your blog.and if it really affects your traffic than it could have done to y blog no. 1 which is blogspotinfo.com.

this thing is not only applicable to my own blog there are many other several blogs whose page rank is 0 but their traffic is around 10,000 impressions in a day.

so conclusion is google increases page rank with the increasing number of backlinks but does not increase your traffic .
    Last edited by DarrenHaye; Oct 9th, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Importance of Google Page Rank

Ya, I agree Google Page Rank do not increase the traffic directly but it is very important if you want to improve your search engine ranking position. Google Page Rank is improved by backlinks and backlinks improve traffic, so indirectly targeting High Google PR will definitely improve your website traffic. Also always keep track of your competitor website by using Google Page Rank Checker Tool.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : It is NOT important for improving your SE ranking position
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi bestofshayari

What do you now plan to do to get your traffic up?
    Last edited by ClickyB; Oct 20th, 2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: RQ
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by coolmarc
    Hi bestofshayari

What do you now plan to do to get your traffic up?
    I'd be interested in the answer as well. I wanted to try to increase my page rank and have started writing posts up to 1,000 words and trying to make as much quality content as possible but I still have a PR 0. I guess it is early days yet and it might take a while to see the affects after the bots next crawl my site.

I heard somewhere that PR can change every three months. Is this true?
  9. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by most charming
    I'd be interested in the answer as well. I wanted to try to increase my page rank and have started writing posts up to 1,000 words and trying to make as much quality content as possible but I still have a PR 0. I guess it is early days yet and it might take a while to see the affects after the bots next crawl my site.

I heard somewhere that PR can change every three months. Is this true?
    Over the past 5 years or so, toolbar PR has been updated approximately once every 3 months... Although the real PR is updated far more frequently, so - by the time your toolbar PR updates, it's alrady out of date!

Adding content will NOT affect your PR, only incoming links will do that.

The obvious answer for bestofshayari is to stop pursuing Page Rank and start pursuing good rankings.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines