Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Factors relating to high pr

Although i do understand everybit of theory related to page rank. but still i got hurt today by looking at my pagerank today. as everybody would understand when the going get tough,people does not tend to respond very well despite having bunch of knowledge and experience.As said tduring the august update i was very happy to see my pr updated from 0 to 3. but this time it went down to 2.

I would again like to learn what does increases your pr. Is it...

1. linkbuilding and only linkbuilding or there is something else to it.
    2. is it something to do with ratio between backlinks and amount of webpage your site have.
    3. does the bounce rate plays any role.
    4. does number of de-indexed pages also count towards website rank. for example I had mere 50 page site site during august update and 90 percent of url were indexed as shown in wmt but as on date the site has around 250 pages but has index rate of 75 percent.

please look at the changes in my site from then and now and please evaluate what could have been wrong with it.

then- number of link 500.
    now- 1600
    link quality as a whole- 50 percent from directory and bookmarking site. 30 percent from top site in my niche. rest 25 include from social media, and sites forum links in same business niche.

then - web pages crawled 45 out of 50
    now - 120 out of 160.

then bounce rate was 45 percent now is 46 percent.

then unique vistor 50 percent now is 60.

i am out of mind at the moment. so i thought i should provide you all as much detail as i could for you to analyse things.
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Why are you worried about pagerank?

Id be worried about rankings.. and you sound like you're building very low quality spammy links, those will soon end up working against you.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Why are you worried about pagerank?

Id be worried about rankings.. and you sound like you're building very low quality spammy links, those will soon end up working against you.
    I am not worried over pr but still something does pinch when you look at it. although my site is ranking in top 10 for 15 keywords which is giving me around 300 unique visitor every month and i believe this goingvto increase gradually.

further do you see directory and bookmarking link as spammy.

I have atleast 25 percent of link more site with pr above 3 and goes till 8. all link from top sites in my business and permanent.

basically i have nothing to do with pr but still there is something to it. and help me how
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I think your making it a bit more complicated than it really is. Your pr comes from links that pass PR, if a site loses pr ranking, for whatever reason, every site it links to also goes down.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is one more thing i forgot to add. I am having my blig section under sub directory using wordpress. The blog sites got infected with kalware which resulted in google alarming not to visit the blog site. it continued till a week. later i was able to resolve this. but my main site was unaffected, it was just my blog site. Can this also be a factor for reduced page rank.
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by grgmathew
    There is one more thing i forgot to add. I am having my blig section under sub directory using wordpress. The blog sites got infected with kalware which resulted in google alarming not to visit the blog site. it continued till a week. later i was able to resolve this. but my main site was unaffected, it was just my blog site. Can this also be a factor for reduced page rank.
    No is the straight forward answer! Because...

1. Your blog is on a sub domain which google will rank and treat as a separate site to your main domain.
    2. The only thing that will effect your toolbar PR is links.

If you have lost PR it could be down to any or all of the below:
    1. You have lost links which where passing PR to your site/page.
    2. Sites you where earning PR from have lost PR for some reason.
    3. Google have manually lowered your PR because you are selling links on your site to pass on PR to others (add nofollow to your external links/ads if you have any).
    ?. You have been building lower quality links which are over powering the higher quality links (this one is just a theory I have, but I'm not 100% sure it effects the toolbar PR, which is why I listed it last).

Don't forget that PR/link juice is passed on by the page your link is on not the domain its on! For example, you say the domains your links are on PR range from 3-8, but I'm guessing that's the home pages right?

And I'm also guessing that means the internal pages with your links on PR will range from N/A to 3? Now you know you should be looking at the PR of the page your link is on, you will probably notice that you never had a PR8 backlink!?
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    No is the straight forward answer! Because...

1. Your blog is on a sub domain which google will rank and treat as a separate site to your main domain.
    The blog is under sub-directory not under sub domain.For example www.asdf.com/blog. I have used wordpress as the blog.

3. Google have manually lowered your PR because you are selling links on your site to pass on PR to others (add nofollow to your external links/ads if you have any).
    I have only one sitewide link in my site dedicated to the developer of my site. That too the link is nofollow.

And I'm also guessing that means the internal pages with your links on PR will range from N/A to 3? Now you know you should be looking at the PR of the page your link is on, you will probably notice that you never had a PR8 backlink!?
    The most relevant and high profile links are coming from sites in same niche. The page where the link is on is generated dynamically thus they are unranked. although the main domain pr is 8 or 6,but still i could see the link page been unranked. And most of my faq and blog pages of my site are still un ranked from months.

What does it take to get these pages as 0 rank at first..I believe my faq pages and blog articles have no direct link juice coming from the main domain. So do you think this might be the case?
  15. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

The blog is under sub-directory not under sub domain.For example www.asdf.com/blog. I have used wordpress as the blog.
    Sorry I miss read that bit, either way, having malware on your blog would not have effected the toolbar PR, so no, that would not have been the cause.

The most relevant and high profile links are coming from sites in same niche. The page where the link is on is generated dynamically thus they are unranked. although the main domain pr is 8 or 6,but still i could see the link page been unranked. And most of my faq and blog pages of my site are still un ranked from months.
    Could you give an example url? Or better still share your domain so I could take a look ,but this is just guessing in the dark which will not help you much.

PR is only passed on if the page your link is on has PR, for example, if you had a link in this thread, you wouldn't have any of the PR passed on to your site for this sites home page as that's not where your link is.

So if your link is not on a page with toolbar PR, it has non to pass on to you and so will not help build your toolbar PR.

What does it take to get these pages as 0 rank at first..I believe my faq pages and blog articles have no direct link juice coming from the main domain. So do you think this might be the case?
    Not sure why you are so focused on getting your pages to show the toolbar PR? But either way, the only way to gain toolbar PR is to have it passed down to you by having you link on a page with PR.

If your internal pages are not getting any of this link juice, you need to look at your site/link structure, but if your using wordpress and have it setup correctly it should be ok.

What are your permanent link settings set up with? I take it you have changed it from the default settings to use seo friendly urls?
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I Lost Page rank In this November 2012 pr update.. Actually I have improved posting frequency and backlinks also but lost pr and now it is 3 from 4.. what may be the reason

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : Look at test-ok's post... the answer is there :roll:
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If your internal pages are not getting any of this link juice, you need to look at your site/link structure, but if your using wordpress and have it setup correctly it should be ok.

What are your permanent link settings set up with? I take it you have changed it from the default settings to use seo friendly urls?
    I understood every part you explained and does understand that link with PR would be only able to pass on the PR juice. But one thing I observed here is, every thread posted in this forum are unranked but within a day or two it gets PR 0. How is it so. Is some kind of auto linking goes on for each thread to pass on the link juice or is it something else.

Although I am not much worried over PRcoz i am still getting the same traffic even after the last PR update where it went down. I am asking just because of the people mindset in respect to PR or no PR or high PR.
  21. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Page Rank

Many factors effect Pagerank.
    One Of the Important Factor is Build Backlinks.

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : WRONG!!! Links effect PR and that's it, no other factors!
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jamiesnow
    Every Technique has equal importance in increasing pr.
    -Not only linkbuilding is important there are many more things in SEO like ON page techniques, post on Social Media.
    -There is also deep impact of bounce rate on pr the less the bounce rate the more will be the probability to increase the pr.
    -the more you receive the backlinks the more will be the pr.
    I have never heard bounce rate affecting PR. Is it true?
  25. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

I have never heard bounce rate affecting PR. Is it true?
    No, its utter rubbish and that's why you have not heard of it before.

Links are the only think that will effect your PR, so please take no notice of numpties like above who clearly have no clue what they are talking about.

As for your earlier comment about the threads here, they do rank on google, in fact some of them rank rather well, so I'm not sure where you got that from lol

For the PR question, it will be because of the site structure and that most threads get a good amount of time on the forum main page in that top featured box area, which will likely help pass down PR.

Plus with good threads people will share the links on here, facebook, twitter and other social sites so that's more sources for them to gain rankings and a little extra toolbar PR from time to time.

Also, you might notice that some threads such as forums rules will be linked in some of our sigs, that will also be helping to pass PR around.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No, its utter rubbish and that's why you have not heard of it before.

Links are the only think that will effect your PR, so please take no notice of numpties like above who clearly have no clue what they are talking about.

As for your earlier comment about the threads here, they do rank on google, in fact some of them rank rather well, so I'm not sure where you got that from lol

For the PR question, it will be because of the site structure and that most threads get a good amount of time on the forum main page in that top featured box area, which will likely help pass down PR.

Plus with good threads people will share the links on here, facebook, twitter and other social sites so that's more sources for them to gain rankings and a little extra toolbar PR from time to time.

Also, you might notice that some threads such as forums rules will be linked in some of our sigs, that will also be helping to pass PR around.
    Well very great thought and very true. Thank you very much. I just gathered some bit of knowledge out of your reply.

As you said the threads in this forums get its PR from the their respective page topic like Google optimization, page rank etc. All these pages have PR 5.

Now lets talk of Page topic Google optimization. This topic page has vast number of threads. So the movement of these thread is pretty fast. It doesn't take much time for a thread to get into second page where there is no PR to pass on. Thus most of thread here are still unranked or 0.

Now talking about Pagerank topic page. Although this topic is quite a hot one. But the number of threads here takes first page for a longer period. In such case, in course of time these threads get some PR juice out of topic page. But as i go down to higher pages for this topic, every threads are unranked apart from few ones which may be due to some members or visitors linking to this thread. So this suggest, Although threads are able to get PR juice and ultimately some PR out of topic page but it diminishes with the course of time when they reach higher pages where PR juice is no longer available to them and thus looses whatever PR they had.

Isn't this is the case what you wanted to explain me.
    Last edited by grgmathew; Nov 21st, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
  29. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Sorry I don't really get what your getting to or what your asking?

You originally asked how to gain more toolbar PR, of which the only way is to gain links on pages which have PR to pass on to you.

When it comes to forums and blogs, old posts will loss interest as they gain age and are pushed down the line, kind of like an archive, which is - in most cases - not as relevant or up-to-date as newer posts, thats one reason why they will not stay on the first page of posts and thus be lost in time.

Occasionally you get a post/thread which will stay popular for a long time due to either being active or being linked/shared by people. This is the main reason why said threads would continue to gain PR.

Again, I don't really get what your getting to with the question about why old forum threads stop gaining PR and get pushed down further away from the main pages of the forums?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: