1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Changed blog post title, no longer ranking in Google?

Firstly, apologies if this sounds like a totally obvious question.

I'm a new hubspot client, from December 2012. I've been getting on quite well and have seen a good increase in traffic.

However, last weekend, I thought I'd tidy up some posts and change the title of a popular blog post which is generating traffic. I basically moved the long tail keyword to the front of the post title. Anyway, last week the keywords appeared in Google when searching. This week - not so much. My post isn't ranking at all. I'm guessing the answer is obvious - I shouldn't have changed the blog title.

This said, could anyone provide any insights or thoughts? Will Google eventually re-rank the page over time? Or is there a risk it will never get ranked to the same level? I did wonder about actually re-posting as new content but making some subtle changes so that Google views the post as fresh content?

Lots to learn.

Any help appreciated, Rob.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi, I'm only best guessing here but altering the order of the title will have an effect. In reality though initial ranking by google, from what i've seen tends to be rather high and within a couple of days your post drops down again. You said the page isn't ranked? is it still indexed by google, if not you have to wonder if google dropped it for a reason (duplicate content etc.)

I wouldn't re-post it with subtle changes, I would write something else based around that post and link to the original, that will provide a solid link that the content is relevant.

Hope this helps?
  5. No Profile Picture

Hey, it was actually a silent update by Google which was not described by them. My site ranking was on top page but it goes down to third page and those keywords which was on fifth page, come up to first page and ranking was increased. so, it was silent fluctuation. Just change your strategy of Off page optimization and you'll again get a good rank.

Do OFF page optimization in High PR ranks. Let consider to avoid bulk submission. Do only in High PR sites and give extra time in Press release, Forum and Blogs.

Thanks!!