#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Google sucks
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    14

    You killing me google


    i was ranking great finally in google, now for 3 of my main keywords i went from page 1 and 2 to results 200+ and 700+

    im hoping its just a google dance, because my other keywords are related obviously and im still ranking where i usually rank for them.

    could it be because my site is still relatively new? i hear stuff like this happen all the time and peoples results come back a day later or so.

    any ideas?
  2. #2
  3. SEO JiNxXx
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    15
    some of your backlinks could have been dropped for various reasons.

    your competitors have started optimizing better then you currently are.

    also could just be a serp refresh.

    give it some time, but don't stop getting back links and optimising.
  4. #3
  5. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,570
    Rep Power
    2495
    Originally Posted by doncharlie24
    i was ranking great finally in google, now for 3 of my main keywords i went from page 1 and 2 to results 200+ and 700+

    im hoping its just a google dance, because my other keywords are related obviously and im still ranking where i usually rank for them.

    could it be because my site is still relatively new? i hear stuff like this happen all the time and peoples results come back a day later or so.

    any ideas?
    How new? You may have been benefiting from the 'new site boost effect'. This seems to be a new site is initally ranked by mainly onpage factors but after a while all the google filters and dampners kick in and your site moves to its 'natuarla' position until you get sufficent LJ to push it back up....

    Comments on this post

    • wisam74us agrees : I totally agree 'new site boost effect'.
    Live the moment
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    !!!
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    16
    keep getting links with the kw that you want to be on the 1st page for... eventually it will happen...

    how long were you on the 1st page for? how old is your site?
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Google sucks
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    14
    48 hours later, my rankings are back to where they were (sort of, they're about 5 spots back to where they were before they were dropped)
  10. #6
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    14
    I have this kind of up's and down's every couple weeks - so, I don't even care anymore
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Ado
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    16
    That's normal these days. The other thing you need to watch out for when you're getting your links is not to send the same keyword to your optimized pages ever time. You should send about 80% of your links with the keyword you are looking to target and the switch up the rest of the 20%.
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Google sucks
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    14
    my ranks are back btw
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    14
    It is just a metter of time. I am glad that your rank is back

Similar Threads

  1. Important Legal Notice Regarding Your Google AdWords Account
    By sgroup in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
  2. Google And Yahoo Is Killing My Site?
    By imike in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 1st, 2006, 07:38 AM
  3. Why I fear Google sitemaps...
    By rjonesx in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Aug 27th, 2005, 01:01 AM
  4. Article: new Google feature called Google Suggest
    By dirtdog1960 in forum SEO Chat Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 12th, 2004, 01:09 AM
  5. Google - Tearing me up again..
    By clasione in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 7th, 2004, 04:00 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo