Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You guys were right

You guys were right. Google stopped dancing on my site after it was hit by EMD update and now http://toyota-hilux-vigo.com is on page 3 and above on all Toyota Hilux Vigo and Toyota Hilux related searches as Toyota Hilux vigo, Toyota Hilux Vigo Double Cab, Toyota Hilux Thailand and so on.

I would love to hear from DarrenHaye, Dr. Marie and test-ok for their sage advise as well as others on a possible path to recovery. I'm still doing okay on secondary keywords but 80% of our inquiries are about Toyota Hilux so it is important to rank high on those searches.
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by johnfambrini
    You guys were right. Google stopped dancing on my site after it was hit by EMD update and now http://toyota-hilux-vigo.com is on page 3 and above on all Toyota Hilux Vigo and Toyota Hilux related searches as Toyota Hilux vigo, Toyota Hilux Vigo Double Cab, Toyota Hilux Thailand and so on.

I would love to hear from DarrenHaye, Dr. Marie and test-ok for their sage advise as well as others on a possible path to recovery. I'm still doing okay on secondary keywords but 80% of our inquiries are about Toyota Hilux so it is important to rank high on those searches.
    Build links.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. In the game since Jan '06
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by joshz
    Build links.
    You forgot to mention to BUILD LINKS!
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best
  7. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I would say that you tried to take every shortcut possible.. from the domain name, to the content and to the link building.

If you want to build a long lasting site, learn from your mistakes and stop taking shortcuts.

I would just start a new site if it were me.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by joshz
    Build links.
    I'm a little confused about how to build links. I used to build links on directories and via reciprocal exchanges but my sites got punished. The more I read SEO forum the more I get confused about what works.

Comments on this post

• dreamingrahul agrees
  11. In the game since Jan '06

I'm a little confused about how to build links. I used to build links on directories and via reciprocal exchanges but my sites got punished. The more I read SEO forum the more I get confused about what works.
    It can be confusing, for sure. Here's my favourite thread on link building in the modern SEO landscape:

http://forums.seochat.com/link-popularity-43/seo-link-building-302665.html
  13. Extremely Googled

Incidentally, we forgive you for doubting us. Just don't do it again
  15. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

That will be why you failed last time, because you are not building QUALITY links!

There is nothing wrong with some directories and even google have said that quality, niche and local directories are still valid places to build links, but simply spamming your site to every directory on the web is going to do damage not good!

The same goes for link exchanges IMO, as long as you are exchanging links in the right place (not spammy link page in other words) there is nothing wrong with them IMO.

Try reading the above link from thegodfather and have a read at http://forums.seochat.com/link-popul...es-450572.html which has some good ideas from respected members.

Apart from learning, testing and keeping up with the times, if you can't be bothered and would rather take short cuts, you would be much better off hiring an seo rather then wasting your time, money and effort on old spammy methods that haven't worked for a long time!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    That will be why you failed last time, because you are not building QUALITY links!

There is nothing wrong with some directories and even google have said that quality, niche and local directories are still valid places to build links, but simply spamming your site to every directory on the web is going to do damage not good!

The same goes for link exchanges IMO, as long as you are exchanging links in the right place (not spammy link page in other words) there is nothing wrong with them IMO.

Try reading the above link from thegodfather and have a read at http://forums.seochat.com/link-popul...es-450572.html which has some good ideas from respected members.

Apart from learning, testing and keeping up with the times, if you can't be bothered and would rather take short cuts, you would be much better off hiring an seo rather then wasting your time, money and effort on old spammy methods that haven't worked for a long time!
    Dear Nathaniel:
    Thanks for taking time to give your feedback. I'll read through the links. Before EMD udpate I was ranking high on all my primary and secondary keywords. Recently I lost a link from a PR-7 site and that has further exacerbated the situation.

I'm a retired CIO and know the importance of avoiding shortcuts and I have never taken them wittingly.
  19. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I'm a retired CIO and know the importance of avoiding shortcuts and I have never taken them wittingly.
    Whats the point in faffing about? lets just be serious, you took every shortcut you could and you have ended up with a series of poor quality and poor ranking sites.

Why don't you put some effort into making a quality site? if you can't do that and you're happy making these poor spam sites then stop asking for help.

Comments on this post

• zico82 agrees
  21. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

You definitely need links in order to rank but you're going to need some kind of quality if you're ever going to attract links.

If I remember right, your site was really keyword stuffed and not written for readers at all. (Sorry to be so harsh.)

On the topic of building links, here is a great new post from Jon Cooper on how a bunch of SEOs got creative in building links:

http://pointblankseo.com/creative-link-building

I'm a little partial to #48.

Comments on this post

• ChillDot agrees : This is a good blog for anyone new to seo. Been a massive help to me
    • Glenn Kilpatric agrees : Thankyou once again Dr M. You are a consistant source of excellent reading material and a massive asset to this community.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Whats the point in faffing about? lets just be serious, you took every shortcut you could and you have ended up with a series of poor quality and poor ranking sites.

Why don't you put some effort into making a quality site? if you can't do that and you're happy making these poor spam sites then stop asking for help.
    I'm 72 years old so it makes sense for me to be set in my own ways and unyielding in my perceptions but you seem to be a young man in his 20s or 30s. Admittedly I presented the site here when it had less than 1% content and it was chock full of poor content but now the site is almost 60% done and more and more detailed specifications of each vehicles are being added. We have 100 pages of solid details on different models of just the Toyota Landcruiser. Keyword optimized content is now less than 5% of the whole and will be diluted more as next content is added.

I know first impressions are hard to change but with Churchill's apt quote in your signature you should try to see some positive aspects as well. If you visit the site with an open mind you will be able to see that it has both solid content and optimized content. With both kinds of contents on the site one will find content to suit one's preconceived notion.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    You definitely need links in order to rank but you're going to need some kind of quality if you're ever going to attract links.

If I remember right, your site was really keyword stuffed and not written for readers at all. (Sorry to be so harsh.)

On the topic of building links, here is a great new post from Jon Cooper on how a bunch of SEOs got creative in building links:

http://pointblankseo.com/creative-link-building

I'm a little partial to #48.
    Thanks for the list, am enjoying reading through it. You are right when I first presented the site it was as you described but since that is water under the bridge, I now have thousands of pages of vehicle specifications and more content is being added every day. Some keyword optimized content is needed as all my competitors who are on page 1 and page 2 have highly optimized pages outranking me while all my solid content pages sit on the shelves unperturbed by Google.
    Last edited by johnfambrini; Nov 9th, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
  27. Contributing User

If I was interested in purchasing a Toyota Hilux Vigo and I landed on your page I would 'bounce', because the information that you present on the front page tells me nothing about said vehicle.

The page just looks like a poorly written, keyword packed piece of junk. I would expect to be given information on the Hilux, specifications, colours available, price, perhaps an honest review showing the pro's and con's of the vehicle.

On your page you have for example

Thailand top Toyota Vigo Hilux Exporter is also Thailand's top exporter of all Thailand assembled 4x4 pickup trucks as Mitsubishi L200 Triton, Nissan Navara, Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50, Isuzu Dmax, Chevy Colorado or Tata Xenon.
    So what? I am not interested in that. I will have landed here wanting to know more about the Hilux, give me some information about it. This tells me and more importantly potential customers absolutely nothing about the car. Would you buy from someone who had written a page like that?. I wouldn't.

Can I ask if toyota-hilux-vigo.info is also you as the content on this matches yours word-for-word on a lot of internal pages. E.G

This is your page

toyota-hilux-vigo.com/nissan-navara-exterior.html

And here is the exact same on another site

toyota-hilux-vigo.info/Nissan-Navara/nissan-navara-exterior.html

You seem to be a part of this 'Soni Group' who have quite a few sites which all show the same sort of content.

Heres another page with the same content

sonirodban.com/nissan-navara-exterior.html

I am guessing you have been hit with a duplicate content penalty at some stage as none of your text appears to be original or your own.
    Last edited by zico82; Nov 9th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by zico82
    If I was interested in purchasing a Toyota Hilux Vigo and I landed on your page I would 'bounce', because the information that you present on the front page tells me nothing about said vehicle.

The page just looks like a poorly written, keyword packed piece of junk. I would expect to be given information on the Hilux, specifications, colours available, price, perhaps an honest review showing the pro's and con's of the vehicle.

On your page you have for example

So what? I am not interested in that. I will have landed here wanting to know more about the Hilux, give me some information about it. This tells me and more importantly potential customers absolutely nothing about the car. Would you buy from someone who had written a page like that?. I wouldn't.

Can I ask if toyota-hilux-vigo.info is also you as the content on this matches yours word-for-word on a lot of internal pages. E.G

This is your page

toyota-hilux-vigo.com/nissan-navara-exterior.html

And here is the exact same on another site

toyota-hilux-vigo.info/Nissan-Navara/nissan-navara-exterior.html

You seem to be a part of this 'Soni Group' who have quite a few sites which all show the same sort of content.

Heres another page with the same content

sonirodban.com/nissan-navara-exterior.html

I am guessing you have been hit with a duplicate content penalty at some stage as none of your text appears to be original or your own.
    Thanks for taking time to delve into the foray. Please note that most specs come from manufacturers websites and there will be duplicate content on not only our sites but all our competitors site. There is little room or time for creativity as specs for a Navara for Thailand will be different from Navara from Singapore so specifications and details must by necessity derive from Nissan Thailand hence the possibility of duplicate content across 50 sites.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: