1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Y ain't that rankin'?

Hi,

I am desperate.

My site is not climbing those SERPs. Why?

The site is 1 year 2 months registered and up. Since 6 months link building. My most recent linkbait (two weeks ago) turned me:
    - a link directly from a government ministry
    - links from 3 universities
    - links from about 10 blogs
    - a link from a newspaper blog (highly regarded newspaper)
    - links from 4 other highly trustful sources

They were mostly not on topic, (apart from the blogs, these were on topic) but highly trusted sources., and I thought they would give credibility to the domain that already has loads of articles and catalogues (both on topic obviously).

On my main keyword ("flyer drucken") the SERPs changes were there for about one week (from around 36 to around 31). Now I am back at 36, two weeks after the links went online.

Why ain't that domain rankin??? (www dot innup dot de).

And please don't tell me to do more of that stuff and wait. It is too damned hard to do these things without no success and continue.

Any advice highly appreciated

thx a lot
    Phillip
  3. Customized?
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Wohnst ja um die Ecke wo ich früher gewohnt habe

OK, I just checked one of your links which comes from here: marketing-blog.biz/blog/plugin/tag/direktmarketing
    Your anchor text is "Flyer-design-wettbewerb" check it on google.de where you show up, #1

There are some more sites that link to you with e.g. this anchor text: "Werbung durch lokales und emotionales Sponsoring". You show up 3rd.

So it is not only important THAT you get linked but also HOW. Try to get some "Flyer drucken" anchor text links from relevant sites. E.g. write to some clubs, pubs, bars if they want to link you, its relevant. The owners of these sites usually dont care about outgoing links, SERPs and Google (if they know). They want to sell beer so it is easy to get there a backlink. If not, offer some flyers for free.

2 weeks since your link bait is not too long so even if you dont want to hear it, wait a bit Good luck
  5. Customized?
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Oh by the way, check your main page for the term "flyer drucken" or even just "flyer". "Flyer" you have at least once, "drucken" never.
    Use an h1 tag, not just h2. Place in that h1 and/or h2 the keyword (combination) you want to be on the sunny side with... It will help
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

mj, thx for the hilfestellung:-)

I am not trying to get the homepage to rank for "flyer drucken", but an inner page www dot innup dot de/Flyer-Drucken, or /Druck

(BTW google prefers the first, msn the latter for that term)

And there are tons of links with that keyword in the anchor. At some point i was concerned about keyword spamming.

ranking for the "flyer-design-wettbewerb" is clear, as this was one of the baits. I wont get the ministry to link to me with my wished for keyword but if your feeling is i don't have enough targeted anchor texts it seams i might be a bit more aggressive now after the baiting action took place.

and two weeks with zero progress after the best and most successful baiting action is frustrating i tell you.

any more thoughts?
    thx
    Phillip
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

o btw, the h2 tag stuff i made due to a recommendation here on the site, that h2 might be even more effective (bull****?)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo