1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wrong landing page shown on Google search

Hi everybody.
    Firstly I want you to know that I've looked over but couldn't find a similar issue discussed on this forum so I decided to open a new thread
    If this issue has bean discussed here in the past please leave the link and I'll take it from there if not here's my question:

After a month of working on SEO for my website I've finally managed to reach the 90-th spot on Google and still improving but what burst my bubble was the fact that wen I entered the key word the page displayed wasn't my wanted landing page but the how to page or the FAQ page.
    Can you please share some light on this issue because on Yahoo, Bing and Ask for the same key word it shows the right landing page

Can you please share some lite as to why Google displays those pages in staid of my landing page and why the other 3 search engines display the right one

Thanks for your patience and thanks in advance for your suggestions

Daniel
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

For the keyword in question Google thinks a different page is more relevant.

Tell us the keyword and the URLs like this:
    Google: mysite dot com restofurlthatgoogle shows
    Bing: mysite dot com restofurlthatbingshows

Otherwise we're shooting in the dark
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Did you say 90th spot?

When your rankings are that low there is a decent chance that your site is so low in priority that it is a virtual toss up between your pages. If your FAQ page were in 4th place you would have a lot more to work with.

As for why there is a difference... IIRC Yahoo and Bing are still using the same exact SERPs (I forget about ask) and the algorithm is very slightly different. Google might have flagged one link as relevant that the others didn't. Or puts that tiny bit more weight on links vs. on page factors.
    Again if you had a lot of data to work with the issue could be diagnosed.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Doodled
    For the keyword in question Google thinks a different page is more relevant.

Tell us the keyword and the URLs like this:
    Google: mysite dot com restofurlthatgoogle shows
    Bing: mysite dot com restofurlthatbingshows

Otherwise we're shooting in the dark
    Hi Doodled and thanks for taking the time to answer my thread
    I just looked over my main page and i think the fact that has little text (info that search engines can read) could be an issue.
    Take a look:
    http: ipadsbid (dot) com for yahoo, bing and Ask
    here for the KW bid for ipads my ranking is 1

For Google it shows: http: ipadsbid (dot)com/pages/howto

Hope this clears things up.

Again I think the answer is the lack of information (text) on my landing page
    Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you think my conclusion is relevant
    Thanks again for your time

Daniel
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Content relevance to keyword searched is an issue, but what may be of equal or likely more importance is your backlinks to your wanted landing page. If your backlinks are directed at your landing page and those backlinks are on/from relevant pages themselves... Google will display that landing page they are directed at.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Content relevance to keyword searched is an issue, but what may be of equal or likely more importance is your backlinks to your wanted landing page. If your backlinks are directed at your landing page and those backlinks are on/from relevant pages themselves... Google will display that landing page they are directed at.
    It's not that because all my backlinks are directed to my landing/main page. I've used the other 2 links just in 3 or 4 links and that's it.
    So the problem is not backlinks that point to those pages rather then my main page
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

First off I'd say your title is way too stuffed, you have ipad in there 5 times and you also have 5 h-1 tags.
    An H-1 tag show whats important on the page.
    Here's whats important on your page: (according to your H1 tags)
    1.Free Registration
    2.Choose your iPad to Bid on
    3.Be the Winner!
    4.Ending Auction (which I think is the clock)
    Coming Soon

Now to your problem. I don't see your site on the first 5 pages of google for that term.
    If I'm looking at the right site. # 2 in both Yahoo and Bing?
    I think you might be seeing personal results in google. Try searching that term on pagewash.com (google)

15. No Profile Picture

Google indexed algorithms are relatively different from other search engines. Also you don’t need to include the keyword 3, 4 times in a web page. Google always try to give the better search experience for their users. So I think, in Google’s view you FAQ page will be the most relevant page for the search keyword. Can you give me the keyword and URL? I’ll have a look on it.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by daniel_toader
    Hi everybody.
    Firstly I want you to know that I've looked over but couldn't find a similar issue discussed on this forum so I decided to open a new thread
    If this issue has bean discussed here in the past please leave the link and I'll take it from there if not here's my question:

After a month of working on SEO for my website I've finally managed to reach the 90-th spot on Google and still improving but what burst my bubble was the fact that wen I entered the key word the page displayed wasn't my wanted landing page but the how to page or the FAQ page.
    Can you please share some light on this issue because on Yahoo, Bing and Ask for the same key word it shows the right landing page

Can you please share some lite as to why Google displays those pages in staid of my landing page and why the other 3 search engines display the right one

Thanks for your patience and thanks in advance for your suggestions

Daniel
    I think the wrong landing page showing means your every pages title is not different. please make sure that all page titles should be specific.