1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wrong Keywords. Google Webmaster Tools

My music website keywords are irrelevant!!!
    According to Google Webmaster Tools the most common keywords Google found when crawling my site are:

1. admin 1
    2. admin
    3. password
    4. download
    5. mp3
    etc.

My website hosts mixtapes and lots of music. The keywords that appear seem to be coming from the ajax shout box that I have added to my website, which are completely irrelevant.the keywords: admin 1, and admin are user names that are repeated when we post in the shout box giving irrelevant keywords. The keyword password is from the login-in form. How can I get rid of the irrelevant keywords coming from the basics of my sites like the shoutbox and the login form? Because my site hosts music there isn't much text but I definitely know that my top 3 keywords are completely irrelevant. I'm using the open source CMS Joomla by the way. Any Help?

Here's a link to my site: mixesnow.com
    Last edited by era878; May 17th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can you post a link so I can have a look at your site, I use joomla alot so I may be able to help
  5. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I think you have recently configured Google webmaster on your site, if that is the case, Wait for while and work on on-page optimization and link building. You should need to do following:

Add fresh and quality content on your pages
    Use Google adwprds tool to find most relevant keywords for your site and use them in the content.
    Use your keywords while intern linking your website pages
    use your keywords in navigation links
    Create keywords based sitemap for user (html/php)

Edit: keeping on-page optimization first in order...

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : This is a very good place to start although I would do on page SEO before link building
    Last edited by chiragparekh; May 18th, 2011 at 07:46 AM.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Well this is fairly clear:

Your site has little content but down there on the right hand side you have a Shout Out box where the word 'admin' appears over and over again.

Now because you have so little text but the login box appears on every page you also get the word 'password' dominating the website.

You need to add some actual text (your own text, not copied) that Google can actually get hold of. Also change text links like 'download' into images instead so that Google (almost) ignores them.

Originally Posted by chiragparekh
    Wait for while and work on link building
    I disagree with this - get your website right before link building. I've written about it before:
    http://seoblognumbernine.link2light....ork_blog_3.php

Comments on this post

• thegodfather agrees
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If your going to answer all the shouts..change your shout box name to something like Music or MusicMix along with what was said above
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Nice link drop Doodled maybe you should read the forum rules about self promotion

Whist I do kind of agree with what your saying, your kind of making hard work of it all IMHO. I think the OP simply needs to get some content on the site and not give a damn about the shoutbox, name or what put in it tbh.

If I was running a site like that I would use the shoutbox for small updates just as it is atm, but also post a fully story about the updates in the main content so google gets to have update content all the time.

The easiest and fastest way to do that would be to:
    1. Install wordpress
    2. Block the install from google
    3. Post your wp feed in to a file
    4. Include that file where you want on your home page (personally I would put it near the top but display it at the bottom of the page)

Thats it your all done, now you simple add some posts to wp and they will keep adding fresh content to your site. I set these up to post per category from wp so you can make up more then one feed for different pages on your site. If you want some code to get you started let me know and I will post it up for you

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : This is a very good place to start although I would do on page SEO before link building
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Nice link drop Doodled maybe you should read the forum rules about self promotion
    I'll admit I'm as guilty as a puppy next to a big pile of poo!

But that said it's too much to put in a forum post and you don't get the pretty graphics that I made!!

Perhaps better to say "Google 'SEO: Building backlinks doesn't work'"?
  15. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Doodled
    I disagree with this - get your website right before link building. I've written about it before:
    http://seoblognumbernine.link2light....ork_blog_3.php
    You should have read my whole answer carefully. I suggested OP to work on link building and on-page optimization. you should also read the other suggestions within the post.
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by chiragparekh
    You should have read my whole answer carefully. I suggested OP to work on link building and on-page optimization. you should also read the other suggestions within the post.
    I do agree with the whole post in general, it's the order that troubled me. It is only my point of view but my personal route is:
    1) On-page first and then
    2) Off-page (links, etc)

Otherwise the suggestions you made were spot on. You could go on forever with things like 'make your urls friendly' and the like but what you suggested as a starting block is extremely good advice.

Now I wonder if there is anywhere else I can put my foot in it today ... !

Comments on this post

• chiragparekh agrees : I edited the post. it was looking odd.
  19. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by Doodled
    I do agree with the whole post in general, it's the order that troubled me. It is only my point of view but my personal route is:
    1) On-page first and then
    2) Off-page (links, etc)

Otherwise the suggestions you made were spot on. You could go on forever with things like 'make your urls friendly' and the like but what you suggested as a starting block is extremely good advice.

Now I wonder if there is anywhere else I can put my foot in it today ... !
    In general I think you're quite right in saying that most on page seo should be done first and then off page but if you wanting to get some rankings its much better to get on with your off site seo such as link building asap as that accounts for so much more then many on site factors.

For example, changing the user name in the shoutbox aint gunu get him ranked any higher but getting some links on authoritative music sites should help quite a bit so I would do that and add an article to the home page long before messing around with a shoutbox username.
  21. Contributing User

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    In general I think you're quite right in saying that most on page seo should be done first and then off page but if you wanting to get some rankings its much better to get on with your off site seo such as link building asap as that accounts for so much more then many on site factors.
    This thread is very rapidly starting to merge with another one where a very similar discussion is going on about backlinks:
    http://forums.seochat.com/search-eng...-421035-2.html

Look out for my shameless link to my blog there where I go through my angle on the value of backlinks!
  23. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

For example, changing the user name in the shoutbox aint gunu get him ranked any higher but getting some links on authoritative music sites should help quite a bit so I would do that and add an article to the home page long before messing around with a shoutbox username.
    LOL..That was only a fix so his keywords won't come up like they are in what ever tool he was using...your correct it won't do much if anything for his results...but it will take care of the Admin being # 1 for his keywords on that page.

Which was the OP original question:
    How can I get rid of the irrelevant keywords coming from the basics of my sites like the shoutbox and the login form?

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees
  25. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    LOL..That was only a fix so his keywords won't come up like they are in what ever tool he was using...your correct it won't do much if anything for his results...but it will take care of the Admin being # 1 for his keywords on that page.

Which was the OP original question:
    Oh yes I know that and I agree, to get it out of his keyword in WMT he could change the username from admin to xyz, but why mess around with such a change when he could kill two birds with one stone in adding some quality content to the home page? Which would not only sort the keyword problem in WMT but also help with seo, plus its something that he could do with doing due to lack of content on the home page (not checked the other pages so Im only commenting on the home page content).