Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wisdek - anyone ever used them?

I am fully aware of the SEO con artists out there and those who make promises that they cannot actually keep on even begin to achieve, but this company have got my attention.

I had a call today from a company called wisdek [dot] com, who have told me that the can guarantee that we will get into the top of the sponsored links within Google.

I am fully aware that not even Google can promise this. However, Wisdek are so confident that they have offered to display us at the top on a trial, free of charge and without obligation, to prove to us it works and before we hand over any money. I am yet to take them up on this offer and if it involves them playing with my code, unlikely too.

The salesman was very laid back (makes a change for and SEO company!) and quite happy for me to check them out and call them back.

Has anyone used this company? Have they had any luck? We are yet to be provided with any prices but their site boasts “from $375”. We are a UK based company and have no intention in offering our services outside of the UK.

Would be interested to hear from anyone with first hand experience.

Thanks.

Comments on this post

• europa : Not a Google optimization question. Please use correct forum.
  3. No Profile Picture
    On the raggedy edge...

I've not come across this particular company, but I have had calls from similar ones. I expect they will either:

1) Be lying.

2) Will choose long winded search terms which easily get to the top and don't offer huge search volumes (i.e. rather than "widgets" they might choose "blue widgets with yellow stripes").

3) Will actually get you to the top of adwords - easy to do but it will cost you a fortune per click.

Having said that, if they are offering you a free trial, and you really don't have to hand over any money, then give it a go and report back to us!
  5. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by mynton
    sponsored links within Google.
    This is the key. They will charge you say 10% more then what it will cost to rank you 1st for that keyword in the PPC (pay per click) sponsored results.

So in turn... ignore them!
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

''top of the sponsored links ''

not the top link then ?
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Spaggie
    ''top of the sponsored links ''

not the top link then ?
    Indeed!
  11. Contributing User

If they were any good, they wouldn't need to be cold calling
  13. No Profile Picture
    On the raggedy edge...

Originally Posted by Spaggie
    If they were any good, they wouldn't need to be cold calling
    Thats my view. If you want to find an SEO company, do a seach for SEO and see who turns up. Then at least you can be sure they know what they're doing...
  15. Contributing User

or in this case something like

'ppc management'

and see who's advert looks the nicest maybe (and then ask to see ROI or CPA figures)

or something

cold calling is old school

Roll on the revolution!
  17. No Profile Picture

Peachz

Originally Posted by eddieo
    Thats my view. If you want to find an SEO company, do a seach for SEO and see who turns up. Then at least you can be sure they know what they're doing...
    Hey, I have been chased by this company for well over a month, I live in New Zealand, so the call charges must be huge, but Eric has stuck with it. US dollars to NZ is a biggie, but fee offered to me was US$500.00 (NZ$815.00) for 12 months opti in the top 3 of the search engines via Google. I did an SEO and they are not at the top, Eric tells me they don't want to do it for themselves as they would get too much work and would have to turn people away ???????? They apparantly prefer to cold call. Wizdek are permitted only 3 clients in each category (makes sense), and I negotiated a contract for half up front now, and the other half in 90 days when they have proved their situation. I'm sceptical, but how bad can that be??? I have to sign today, is there anyone out there who can give me a heads up please
  19. No Profile Picture

Wisdek........

Good night guys, my name is Adam Garrett, and I used to be working for Wisdek as a Sales Manager, and after I found that this company simply scams its customers by NOT delivering what they promise, and CHARGING thier customer's credit cards more than once as it is a new customer, for example if you are a customer, they will charge you AGAIN after a while, and when you call to ask about it, they simply tell you that another customer of theirs has just provided the with your credit card information, WHAT A CHANCE!!
    And that has been happening for the last 6 months till i decieded to leave such scammers,, Wisdek customers,, RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
  21. No Profile Picture

You Crap

Originally Posted by AdamGarrett
    Good night guys, my name is Adam Garrett, and I used to be working for Wisdek as a Sales Manager, and after I found that this company simply scams its customers by NOT delivering what they promise, and CHARGING thier customer's credit cards more than once as it is a new customer, for example if you are a customer, they will charge you AGAIN after a while, and when you call to ask about it, they simply tell you that another customer of theirs has just provided the with your credit card information, WHAT A CHANCE!!
    And that has been happening for the last 6 months till i decieded to leave such scammers,, Wisdek customers,, RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
    Hello FAKE Adam Garrett, are you really that mean?? so u take someone's name and say stuff like that on his behalf, just for all who saw this bitchy msg he wrote, the Real Adam Garrett still works for wisdek, and growing as the company grows, and for all of u mother ****ers that think that a company as Big and Respectful as Wisdek will Ever be affected by such lame *** cheap ways of competing, and 1st of all, R U THAT BAD OF A COMPANY so that this will be the way you'd like to compete, really, are u that desperate, that u Earn business that u dont deserve, from couple clients that would believe such crappy **** like you just said.... anyways, i just wanted to reply for the sake of the people that Might believe such bull ****. but from my side, i know WHO you are, and i know WHERE u operate from from you SCAM COMPANY than u ran after WISDEK fired you. and trust me, live it now to the peak, becuase very soon u'll be takin under by ME. and once you see infront of u bitch, i'd love to see the look on ur ****ty face.

Comments on this post

• brandall : oh please...
  23. Contributing User

er... hmm.

On topic -- I've heard of SEO companies offering guaranteed top placements, but they're not without catches.

Generally you have to surrender your website over to the SEO agency; this is so that your site won't change at all in the time that they're managing your SEO.

I can't get my head around this other than to think that what they want to do is to force your hand in saying "we need to update our site with new information on X, Y and Z" at which point they explain that doing this will be against the terms of the contract and as such they are no longer obliged to honour their "1st place on Google" pledge.

I did hear of one company in Sydney that had this promise as a cornerstone of its marketing (which makes sense, as agency SEO is getting *really* competitive out there -- so many more job adverts for sales guys than SEO analysts/PPC guys in recent months.) The fine print said that this 1st position promise only extended as far as... wait for it... a search on the client company's name.

Tread carefully, get testimonials, or ring a few local companies and see what you can get for the same amount (or less.) It's always a good thing to have someone working on your site who's in the same timezone, and is less than an international phonecall away.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by mynton
    I had a call today from a company called wisdek [dot] com, who have told me that the can guarantee that we will get into the top of the sponsored links within Google.
    Any moron can get you to the top of Google's "sponsored" results. That requires nothing bu the highest bid.

These guys are low quality, no class, no expertise (except at marketing themselves).

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO
  27. No Profile Picture

Wisdek Scam

Hi all,
    I have been suckered into the Wisdek scam and I have lodged complaints with the Canadian Fair Trading. They called my business in Sydney, Australia offering the service and as we had been doing our own campaign that is costly so we had a listen to what they had to say. They gave us a free demo in which a Wisdek generated ad was placed for 24 hours and it showed constantly on top in first position for the demo period. That’s where the scam begins.
    So we were impressed and decided to give it a go. We signed for a three month term and the nightmare began.
    Monday morning in Sydney, business hours...the ad was not running. Tuesday the ad was running but it wasn’t on top but on the right side varying in position from top to bottom result and even not showing. By the third day it was not showing as guaranteed so we tried to call...no answer, we emailed....no reply. After another day of no replies we finally got through on the phone and asked why we weren’t showing. The lady had told me that the cost for the key word was higher than expected and that technical support was on the job fixing the problem.
    Another day passed and no ad displaying as guaranteed. We sent more emails and received auto generated and copy and paste responses saying that their terms in the contract was not guaranteed and any time the ad doesn’t show they offer a “downtime” where they give you extra service after the contract has finished. Finally I got a human reply to an email saying that my ad wasn’t showing in the first 3 days properly and that 12hrs of downtime had been credited to my account.
    So far so good???
    Within the first week the ad wasn’t showing so I emailed them and said cancel the ad and refund my money as they did not stick to their guarantee and I wanted a full refund. They cancelled the ad within minutes of me sending the email and they offered a 50% refund.
    I tried to find out why the ad wasn’t showing and they said it was because my IP address has been recorded by Google and it won’t display the ad as I keep searching from the same IP address. So I told them that other ads were showing and how would Google know that my IP address was for my ad and not display my ad but everyone else’s?
    Once again, the silent treatment from Wisdek.
    I have resumed my ad for one month as it’s better than 50% return and no ad showing at all but I cancelled the remaining contract. This downtime they offer is a scam. They display your ad on the “more sponsored links” page 2, as if anyone goes there.
    If there are any other suckers that have been scammed by Wisdek then complain to Canada’s Office of Consumer Affairs.

Wisdek do not reply to my emails, they don’t call me back and they don’t give a toss about my complaints.

Wisdek have failed to deliver on their guarantee.
    Wisdek have failed to respond to complaints.
    Wisdek have failed to communicate with the customer.
    Wisdek have failed to turn an unhappy customer into a satisfied customer.

Wisdek is a scam. I’ll say it again WISDEK IS A SCAM !!!
  29. Contributing User

SCBA, that's dreadful. So sorry to hear that mate.

There are some good guys in Sydney I can recommend who can probably put a lot of that mess right -- PM me if you'd like some contacts.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo