1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Will content sliders hurt my SEO?

I really want to implement a Jquery slider on my homepage to spotlight different products. Will this appear as "spammy" or hurt me?

here is an example of something i want to implement:

http://www.ciplex.com/
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by jrod11
    I really want to implement a Jquery slider on my homepage to spotlight different products. Will this appear as "spammy" or hurt me?

here is an example of something i want to implement:

http://www.ciplex.com/
    It will absolutely not appear as spammy under sane circumstances*. If a JS-slider hurts you or not, has been a longtime question of mine that I never heard a definitive answer for. It being a factor makes sense both ways.

* Don't stuff the slides with keywords and make all slides appear on screen under 60 seconds (if autoplay and no controls).

Following these recommendations should increase the likelihood that your site will show up consistently in the search results.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Jesus Nofollow
    It will absolutely not appear as spammy under sane circumstances*. If a JS-slider hurts you or not, has been a longtime question of mine that I never heard a definitive answer for. It being a factor makes sense both ways.

* Don't stuff the slides with keywords and make all slides appear on screen under 60 seconds (if autoplay and no controls).
    Ok thats what I thought. I figured you are just making the page larger and having it show different parts of the page at different times. I was worried that it may come off as stuffing as you pointed out.
  7. Twitter: @barlow1984
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Best thing to do is view your site in a text only browser. Thats what Google see's.

Jquery sliders won't be classed as spammy unless you keyword stuff them and dont have a button or automatically move the content into the users view.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by jrod11
    Ok thats what I thought. I figured you are just making the page larger and having it show different parts of the page at different times. I was worried that it may come off as stuffing as you pointed out.
    Slider is a nice complement to CONTENT. So you need supporting content to the page, or rather, the slider complements the content. Make sure you have enough on the page below or after to give users and engines something to grasp.