Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wich one is better, wordpress or custom?

Hello, I have one question.
    Wich one is better for seo?
    Wordpress or custom?
    I want to use this for a prezentation site, not a dinamyc one, but I just want to add few new products and articles every year.

Wait for your answer.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by cipa; Feb 10th, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If not dynamic (at all), then why use Wordpress?
  5. Agency SEO

The best 3 website platforms are:
    Wordpress
    Wordpress
    Wordpress
  7. SEO Insultant

True, but in some cases even I would go 'custom'
  9. No Profile Picture

I am confused. I have one word premium keyword in my country of the product I sell, and I want to invest in this site for very long term. The presentation site will contain a blog where I will add an article every few mounths, and 15-20 pages of diferent products. I will add few pages once or twice a year of new products.

I like wordpress but I dont know wich one is best for google optimization, wordpress or custom, as in my country 97% of users use google.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by dzine
    If not dynamic (at all), then why use Wordpress?
    my apologies, the site is dynamic, as I add products and articles from time to time
  13. No Profile Picture

Depends on your programming skills. If you're a programmer you can create a custom CMS that's entirely seo friendly. If you're looking for an easy solution go for Wordpress, as there are already lots of well built SEO plugins that are going to help you optimize your site very quick.

Since you just mentioned something about adding products... if you're planing to build an online store you should consider using an ecommerce platform as well. Opencart, Prestashop and Magento are only few of the free options. Wordpress can be converted into an online shop too, but it becomes very unstable when you add a few hundreds of products.
    Last edited by dororai; Feb 10th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yes, you should go for Wordpress...
    it also cache fast...
  17. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Wordpress is a great blogging system and the best IMHO as I use it for all my sites blogs and will likely never change as from a blogging point of view it has everything I need from being seo friendly to having a huge range of themes and plugins and being rather easy to customize once you know what your doing.

But as a shopping cart which is what you need by the sounds of it, I would NOT recommend wordpress simply because I have tried to use a couple of shopping plugins for WP and not found them to be very good. So from an e-commerce sites point of view I would highly recommend you look into using a system/platform which has been built for the task rather then a blogging system!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  19. Agency SEO

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Wordpress is a great blogging system and the best IMHO as I use it for all my sites blogs and will likely never change as from a blogging point of view it has everything I need from being seo friendly to having a huge range of themes and plugins and being rather easy to customize once you know what your doing.

But as a shopping cart which is what you need by the sounds of it, I would NOT recommend wordpress simply because I have tried to use a couple of shopping plugins for WP and not found them to be very good. So from an e-commerce sites point of view I would highly recommend you look into using a system/platform which has been built for the task rather then a blogging system!
    Be careful, recommendations for a custom CMS are most often made by those who want to charge for a custom CMS lol.

Wordpress is fine for any site that wants to add a "few new products every year", and it's free! If you need a more robust system Joomla rocks and guess what? IT'S FREE!

Anyone know of a good blacksmith and a chimney sweep? rofl
  21. SEO Insultant

Wordpress is dynamic in a sense that it uses a database to generate web pages.

It looks like you need a fancy shopping cart instead, that uses a database to make people buy your stuff.

I like Wordpress for a lot of reasons, but personally I would never code a 'slow-moving' shopping site using Wordpress
  23. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Be careful, recommendations for a custom CMS are most often made by those who want to charge for a custom CMS lol.

Wordpress is fine for any site that wants to add a "few new products every year", and it's free! If you need a more robust system Joomla rocks and guess what? IT'S FREE!

Anyone know of a good blacksmith and a chimney sweep? rofl
    1. I didn't recommend a custom CMS, I said look into using a CMS built for selling products

2. I wouldn't know where to start on making a custom CMS (well I would know some, but its not something I am interested in making myself).

3. Like I said I have tested wordpress shopping carts and I would never recommend them to anyone as they really do suck IMHO, that's why I would recommend picking a CMS built for the purpose of being a shopping cart, and you can find plenty of these for free which will do the job much much better then WP would!

To name a couple:
    Zen cart, which I have used and find works well, plus its easy to customize your own theme which is what I have done for a small Gothic store I started but haven't had time to finish.
    Magento - I have used a couple of times and found that rather good, although I don't know much about this so would recommend doing research on it before using!
    Presta Shop - I have used this in the past, although it was some time back, so again do your research into it as it use to be rather good.

And yeah, if you google free shopping cart and shopping cart script your find others to play with, which again I would guess will be better at the task then wordpress because WP is a blogging system not a shopping cart!
    Last edited by NathanielB; Feb 11th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
  25. No Profile Picture

I dont have or need a shopping card as the products that I sell are on realestate, I only need presentation pages.
    I know other options as well but I want to decide between wordpress and custom made.
  27. Agency SEO

Like I said, Wordpress. There is a good MLS plugin to use also for real estate sites
  29. SEO Consultant

I heard Joomla gives WP a run for the money ;-)
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: