1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why is this website ranking so well with backlinks from terrible/unrelated articles?

Pursuant to a previous post where I asked...

Article Submissions for backlinks are having the 'reverse' affect in SERP's

The majority consensus was more or less a lack of related content. I recently posted some original articles that had not much to do with the links they were linked to. Mistake. My ranks dropped. The only logic that comes to mind is that perhaps I did too much too soon. That would explain why the company below is doing so well.

What's puzzling to me is that I initially tried this based on what an seo company is doing. They have hundreds of articles linking to their clients that have absolutely nothing to do with their clients business.

Here's an example:
    hxxp://www.bayareacorkboard.com/tag/possible/

The second link in that site is an anchor text backlink called 'patio furniture'. Guess what? It ranks in the number two spot where I'm located.

Why?

There are many of these 'spun' articles through nothing but nonsense wordpress blogs that are up for the sole purpose of anchor text backlinks. And for this SEO company, and their clients, it seems to work quite well.

Is it that the company that put these articles online is simply a fluke in terms of successful ranking or are have they somehow found a system which allows them to get anchor text backlinks quite easily - which in turn Google has rewarded them kindly?

If unrelated content is bad. And 'spun' or poorly written articles is even worse then how on earth is this company ranking their keywords so well?
    Last edited by soma56; Mar 25th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Well it may have terrible backlinks but if the content is unique and is high quality than this would be the cause. Just goes to show how powerful content is.