1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why My website pages showing suplementry Result in google search?????????

Hi,

Please tell me why My Pages showing suplementory results in google search??? My website 1460 pages cached in google search, But More Pages showing Suplementory results. Please give suggetions how can google will be cache all pages without suplementory results??? what i will do???
    check this one in google siteURL address blocked: See forum rules)/spain

Regards
    Rak
  3. No Profile Picture

you might have duplicate content on your site. This is a common reason I have found for being in the supplementary index.

They say that having the same title and description for pages is one reason but duplicate content is the biggest reason.
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

There are many reasons for pages going supplemental like,

Duplicate Content
    Duplicate Metas and Titles
    Lack of content
    Canonical Issues
    Lack of PR/ Backlinks
    Orphan Pages

Check if your pages are having any or more of the above things. If yes, rectify it and most probably it'll be out of the Supp Index

Good luck!

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am also facing the same problem for few pages. I have a white paper in an html page and I've given my users the option of downloading the samein PDF format. PDF is properly cached and html is with supplementary results.

What can I do to have html page crawled properly?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

As pro SEO said there are a lots of reason for a site to show supplement results. Recentely i have changes my server nearly 300 pages r now in supplement. I think to get the pages out of supplement to work on content , links, & caching.
  11. Contributing User

Hello guys,

Currently Supplemental Result issue a hot topic.
    PRO_SEO is correct he had listed the reason.

But I think previous also many website was having this listed reason in there website but such serious supplemental result had not happen. In past also supplemental result impact was there but currently its impact is increasing. I assume as currently Google is using LSI techniques, in past also this techniques had been in used,
    In this LSI techniques used, Big G scrutinize content in deep manner this give edge to Google for finding listed reason by pro_seo . Due to this Techniques currently Supplemental Result has huge impact and its a hot topic in all forum.

This is just an assumption.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by netSEO
    Hello guys,

Currently Supplemental Result issue a hot topic.
    PRO_SEO is correct he had listed the reason.

But I think previous also many website was having this listed reason in there website but such serious supplemental result had not happen. In past also supplemental result impact was there but currently its impact is increasing. I assume as currently Google is using LSI techniques, in past also this techniques had been in used,
    In this LSI techniques used, Big G scrutinize content in deep manner this give edge to Google for finding listed reason by pro_seo . Due to this Techniques currently Supplemental Result has huge impact and its a hot topic in all forum.

This is just an assumption.
    I don't think that there is no relation between LSI and supplemental result.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by new_seo
    I don't think that there is no relation between LSI and supplemental result.
    I also known there is no relationship between LSI and Supplemental Result. But mainly supplemental result is due duplication of content and meta etc. Hope all we agree on this part.

But my assumption was that LSI techniques give a competitive edge to Google to analyze document or web pages content in deeper manner i.e. in this techniques google scrutinize each and every word of the particular web pages, this area help google to differentiate between original & duplicate content faster than previously google does to find duplicate content.

So I said due to the LSI technique impact of supplemental result is more. It was my just assumption.
  17. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

LSI is not a dup content filter. Dup content can be found simply by having a big search field. LSI is about relevance. It is very different technology

Latent semantic indexing adds an important step to the document indexing process. In addition to recording which keywords a document contains, the method examines the document collection as a whole, to see which other documents contain some of those same words. LSI considers documents that have many words in common to be semantically close, and ones with few words in common to be semantically distant. This simple method correlates surprisingly well with how a human being, looking at content, might classify a document collection. Although the LSI algorithm doesn't understand anything about what the words mean, the patterns it notices can make it seem astonishingly intelligent.
    source: http://www.seobook.com/archives/000657.shtml
    Live the moment
  19. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    LSI is not a dup content filter. Dup content can be found simply by having a big search field. LSI is about relevance. It is very different technology

source: http://www.seobook.com/archives/000657.shtml
    Correct !

Gazzahk I heard from somewhere that I can have a search based on LSI by having a tilt (~) before my keywords. Is it true?
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the information.

Once again: can anyone advice how to handle a situation in which one wants a pdf version of the content available in html page?
  23. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Try to look for your site duplicate content. Visit copyscape.com
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by edt123
    Hi,

Please tell me why My Pages showing suplementory results in google search??? My website 1460 pages cached in google search, But More Pages showing Suplementory results. Please give suggetions how can google will be cache all pages without suplementory results??? what i will do???
    check this one in google siteURL address blocked: See forum rules)/spain

Regards
    Rak
    Submit a sitemap to Google. It will help.