1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why is my site not competitively ranked?

Ok, my site is about two months old, (www.sandiegochiropractictherapy.com)and I have been working on it a lot. I add lots of individualized content. I am checking to make sure the metatags, title and descriptions are useful appropriate. I can accept if it is also a function of time. But I believe it is supposed to be quick. I think I am doing all the basic stuff I am supposed to be doing so I am not sure why I am like on page 17.
    thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Hello Martrain,

Hope you have been busy doing great things with your website, i've checked your site and surely it needs lots of work with regards to onsite specially meta description i've just checked one of the page and first of the thing i quickly realized is that you don't have used 1-2 times your keywords that you want to target within your meta description, you need to use atleast once the keyword you want to rank for in your meta description of that particular content page. Meta tags are somewhat ok i guess but that can also be narrowed down to specific long tail tags related to that content page.

Secondly i've seen that you don't use SEO friendly URLs, which is something you should be working on if you use joomla you could have this setup from your admin panel i'm sure. Its easy to do with wordpress though.

Content pages that you have created are not very attractive to me, you need to rearrange your content placements, paragraphing thing is a way that look professional and use quality images not just random images you took from the web even if you use from the web bring in some quality ones that fits to your content.

So here is what you need to do my friend :

- Add new descriptions to each content page
    - Add focused keyword for each content page and to its meta descriptions and possibly on title tag as well
    - Use SEO Friendly URL structure
    - Add more images to your content, and try to add atleast 800+ words of content on each content page
    - Add more images to each content page and if possible give credits to the image source like flicker etc
    - Add more fresh content and casestudies, whitepapers, newsletters etc anything that engage visitors to stay on your website as long as possible.

When you are done with these, next step should be website's performance optimization, and then move to linkbuilding or social media stuff etc.

Good luck
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You come up # 1 for Welcome to DiSabatino Chiropractic
    I think we've been through this once... your targeting 'Personal Injury and Car Accidents San Diego California'
    and '
    California Workers Compensation'
    make your page titles more in line with your key words, your a
    Chiropractic not an insurance company or lawyer or a state organization.
  7. No Profile Picture

test-ok: yes we have been through this bought I ought hide the work comp and PI tabs because I am focusing my efforts on the other modules at present. I am focusing on pinch nerve/nerve entrapment; chiropractic adjustment; understanding low-back pain; active release therapy and about us/home. So I should have noted that to begin with. I would hope to get more play with the content I just mentioned.
    Thank you
    "Content pages that you have created are not very attractive to me,"
    Does google SERP affect by attractiveness of content?
    "
    Add new descriptions to each content page" --seriously I thought I was doing ok bc the following was to me a natural reflective description for the pinched nerve module: Pinched nerves are very painful, finding the cause of the pinched nerve and treating it effectively brings relief
    ---
    Last edited by Mantrain; Feb 2nd, 2013 at 02:23 AM.
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Content pages that I created? huh I haven't created any pages for you....I don't know what your saying but lets take your pinched nerves page as an example.
    your title is: Treatment for pinched nerve - San Diego, Mission Valley, Chiropractor Dr. Nicholas DiSabatino
    and if you search that term, your #1, you'd be better off using something like:
    Pinched nerve treatment -Mission Valley, San Diego.

>>
    I don't understand your question.

11. No Profile Picture

>>Does google SERP affect by attractiveness of content?

I was referring to the overall display of your content, proper paragraph spacing etc it shouldn't be like copy paste of what your writer wrote for you. an example could be " seomoz's blog; checkout how they write their content, word count, usage of graphs charts or images.

I hope that helps
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Content pages that I created? huh I haven't created any pages for you....I don't know what your saying but lets take your pinched nerves page as an example.
    your title is: Treatment for pinched nerve - San Diego, Mission Valley, Chiropractor Dr. Nicholas DiSabatino
    and if you search that term, your #1, you'd be better off using something like:
    Pinched nerve treatment -Mission Valley, San Diego.

>>
    I don't understand your question.

I was , in poor form, quoting the other poster so sorry for the confusion. Anyways you both helped me clear things up a little. I was apparently not understanding the purpose of a title page. From what I gather, unless searches will be looking for me by name, I should keep my name out of the title page?

Also, would you be able to provide any recommendations for an inexpensive graphics program wherein I could take google images and ad text, and just customize the images for my website?
    thanks again!
  15. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I think your home page should include your name and city but your internal pages should focus more on the services/treatments you provide. Your about us and bio page should clearly include your name.

Re: your question about attractiveness of your site... Google likely doesn't care a whole lot as long as their bots can navigate around your site but your users sure do. Think of your users first. Google is not going to sign up for an adjustment. A visitor who understands what your business provides and is able to find the information is the one who is going to sign up and pay. Appeal to the users and create an easy site structure instead of trying to cram as many keywords and identifiers as you can.

Title tags are very important and should be handled with kid gloves. Keep them precise and do not spam them. Natural is always better.

Something else you mention nothing about is backlinks. These are a necessity to gaining rankings. Quality is always better then quantity. Your goal for each and every piece of content you create should strive to be the best on the web.

Lastly, you should check out the local forum here as there may be some worthwhile advice to help you segment your local market.

Hope this helps.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well to be ranked higher make sure that you have backlinks from similar websites and high PR as well
    Last edited by Andrius; Feb 2nd, 2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Mantrain
    Also, would you be able to provide any recommendations for an inexpensive graphics program wherein I could take google images and ad text, and just customize the images for my website?
    thanks again!

Firstly google images ? google does not supply images, they index them from other peoples web sites, these are often (not always) subject to copyright so be very careful about just picking a random image you find to use. You could end up in court if you use a copyrighted image.

For the best editor though you cant go far wrong with photoshop. Adobe have put up on their site a free download section of their CS2 version, you cant register it but it works perfectly well. Adobe - CS2 Downloads It can be complicated but very much worth the effort as it allows you to save for web devices and compress the images for faster downloading on your site.

Edit:
    I have just noticed Adobe have recently added this at the top of the download page.
    Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products
    So up to you really. I guess too many people where using it to get a free version of photoshop.

Last edited by Chedders; Feb 3rd, 2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Good SERPS is great, Traffic however is even better
  21. No Profile Picture

In order to track the effectiveness of your search engine optimization, check your organic search results often. Some browsers will list the sites you visit frequently near the top of the page, even if they are not ranked that well. So be sure to clear your browser cache before checking your position or open your site in a private browsing window.