1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

why my results are like this !

Hi

I have non English website with country domain and articles written in my language,
    when i search for keywords with my IP i see my website in page 2 or 3

but when i search using VPS or VPN (i mean IP different that my country) i see many better results for my website
    and even in 1st page

but it should be reverse, i should see better results with my local IP and Bad results for Foreign IP

why Google show result like that ?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google Shows the Results Depends on IP, Domain Name.
    especially you are using country level tld, In your country you are doing great job with your website in Your language. Coming to other Countries (other IP address), they are local in their countries and doing Great in their local.
    another Reason is You're maintaining the website in your country language. If you want to target all countries in the world you should use language translator and optimize for all the countries, like Doing Content marketing and building links and etc.

Thanks
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi High_lander926,
    Not sure if I've understood your question.

G can use many factors to identify a site's location. These could include:

• Your domain country TLD
    • Your setting in Google Console/Webmaster Tools
    • A My Business account location
    • IP, etc.

Then there is the location of the searcher and the Google country browser they chose to use AND whether the nature of the search terms cause G to activate its web page location function.

If you are searching in a foreign language, I presume that means a non-English keyboard and language characterset.

There can be very limited results in certain foreign language charactersets because there can be very few pages to match the search query.

So, what is happening with your search results when you switch from searching on say, G.com vs google.(your country TLD)?
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Sep 11th, 2017 at 06:17 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I search keyword in my language and I see my article on page 3,
    then I run my VPN and just change my IP and again search for the same keyword and I see my site on page 1

I see this difference between my competitors that are all in my language and country level TLD.
    all same websites , but by local IP i have no good rank with foreign IP i have good rank
    and it happend when i seo my website for local !
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi High_lander926,
    If you google it, you will find many articles/discussions over the years expressing this same problem.

With G's move towards a mobile index and the growing importance of location in search results, I'm not surprised you are seeing and will continue to see even more changes that impact VPN services.

There was another SEO Chat thread on the topic.

Hope it helps.
  11. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Gosh - why are we making things so hard and complicated?
    1.You rank based on your relevance to a keyword, right.
    2.You also rank based on your relevance to local factors like IP, Location, Language, Local factors like formats, units etc etc
    You are only considering on-page factors, what about the off page factors? You link profiles tell Google much more than your TLD, Your IP and your Content Language.
    Here is your answer: Your competitors have better local link profiles than you have.
    If you want to rank in France then you need more french links than American links. Most probably your American relevance based on your link profile beats some of your competitors while your french link profile relevance is poorer than your competitors. Hence to different results.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by high_lander926
    Hi

I have non English website with country domain and articles written in my language,
    when i search for keywords with my IP i see my website in page 2 or 3

but when i search using VPS or VPN (i mean IP different that my country) i see many better results for my website
    and even in 1st page

but it should be reverse, i should see better results with my local IP and Bad results for Foreign IP

why Google show result like that ?
    With out knowing the keyword(s) you are searching, the site you are ranking the best we can offer are suggestions as to why the results are the way you see them.

Google may have connected you and your vpn service. Not knowing how you use your vpn, you could be looking at personalized results. Therefore if Google has connected the two together, that could be the reason for the higher ranking results you get using your vpn.

It would help us help you if we knew the keyword(s) and the site so we can give it a serious look.

Edited to add...
    NewDelhiSEO could very well be right about the backlinks, but with out knowing the site, no way to tell if it is the backlinks doing it or not.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 17th, 2017 at 02:29 PM.