1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cool Why is my site not showing up in the search results?

Hi,

We've launched a site recently (about 45 days ago) and have done all technical SEO by the book (I think). What we have done is to mention our keywords in the page title, page description and content. We've also published robots.txt and sitemaps.

The site is indexed since a google on site:url gives me results.

Here are my concerns:

Firstly: I have two domains in two different languages. The first speaks english and the second speaks swedish. The first has a sitemap called sitemap.xml and the second sitemap_se.xml.. There is only one hosting instance of the code but the code recognices if youre on either .com or .se and changes the language accordingly.
    Could this be a SEO problem?

Secondly: I have used seo friendly urls but am not permanently routing the old urls to the new ones and have notices that a few of my indexed url's have both its instances in the index. Ex. page.aspx and /page/ would both be indexed and they are both containing the exact same content.
    Could this be a SEO problem and if so what to do?

Thirdly: I have as I said done all the technical stuff like, description, title, img alt texts, only one H1 tag per page and more. We even have an author meta tag. I am currently trying to ge links out there and we are marketing trough google adwords, etc..
    What else can I do? It is quite a competitive market we're trying to compete on but still, I can't even find our page below page 3 on google and there has got to be something wrong...

Thanks

Johan
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Site URL

the url I was referring to is www(dot)apartdirect(dot)com. If anyone could have a quick look then I'd be grateful!

//Johan