1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why this happening to my website ?

Iam dong seo for www[.]vouchersave[.]co[.]uk and it's shuffling in google for last 2 months. At a time it comes in it's original ranking (top 10 listing) only for 1-2 days and then drops to last page of google.

what is called this penalty ? I've done lots of efforst i.e. changed web content, changed the meta tags etc.

I know seo experts are here. so, can you guys please help me to tackle this problem?

If you require more information to analyze this website i can provide so, will be continuously active in this post.

Thanks
    Last edited by jassi; Sep 25th, 2009 at 08:31 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

Well, Google is keeps on changing the rankings due to it's algorithm. However, if you are getting good rankings for 2 days and you go back to last page, there is something which is causing these problems.

If you have made some changes to the website when it had good rankings and the rankings fell down then I would suggest you to redo the changes done at that time.

If there are some changes done on the website continuously, it affects Google rankings.

Also, consistency in the SEO work of your website matters whether you get good rankings on Google or not.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Carl Owen
    Well, Google is keeps on changing the rankings due to it's algorithm. However, if you are getting good rankings for 2 days and you go back to last page, there is something which is causing these problems.

If you have made some changes to the website when it had good rankings and the rankings fell down then I would suggest you to redo the changes done at that time.

If there are some changes done on the website continuously, it affects Google rankings.

Also, consistency in the SEO work of your website matters whether you get good rankings on Google or not.
    Yes, it's true there are continuous changes in site as initially categories were dynamic then url rewrite was done and again the name of categories were changed....
    Is it the reason to loose the ranking ??
    But now it's perfect everything. so, how soon the site will be back to it's previous ranking ?
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Get more backlinks to your website (good ones). This will give you a stronger rating (if you want to call it that ) and will help cement your position.

The better the backlinks to your site (the more natural and authoritative) the better your site will rank.
  9. End game expert
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by jassi
    Yes, it's true there are continuous changes in site as initially categories were dynamic then url rewrite was done and again the name of categories were changed....
    Is it the reason to loose the ranking ??
    But now it's perfect everything. so, how soon the site will be back to it's previous ranking ?
    URL rewrite needs to be 301 redirected. Have you checked the rewrite is done right? Also, frequently changing URLs do more harm than good and you will reach to a point where it can be confusing to spiders to index your site and spotting canonical URLs , in this case can affect rankings.

To go back to rankings, let the rewrite matures, which may depend on the size of your website and the frequency of indexation. Get some good links as advised by jsteele823.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by jassi
    I've done lots of efforst i.e. changed web content, changed the meta tags etc.

Thanks
    Hi jassi,

Not an SEO but thought id say what I thought and if its wrong I'm sure someone will correct my post.............

1, You changed the web content, the home page has the same content as another very well established website which has 581,260 pages index in yahoo and where your site has 208 index in yahoo, think this is not a good think.

2, Most of your backlinks are from free for all article sites and directory's which will do very very little to help your SEO campaign.

3, Changing your meta tags will not help ranking for the site at all they can be removed as they play no part in ranking in google, there ignored by google.
  13. Somehow Contributing User

Originally Posted by Jim1
    1, You changed the web content, the home page has the same content as another very well established website which has 581,260 pages index in yahoo and where your site has 208 index in yahoo, think this is not a good think.
    So this makes it pretty obvious.

Good content is only original content.
  15. No Profile Picture

I think this may be effect of Google dance. What guys? Your thoughts?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

These days i see many changes in my SERPs positioning. I suppose this is a update of Google algorithm but i am not sure. Anyway, you should add more relevant IBL with correct anchors text to your pages. In this way you can add more trust to your website.