1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why doesn't Google like me when everyone else does?

I am assisting in the management of a site H________.com which has a lot of content, back links, etc, and has 1st place Yahoo rankings and 2nd place MSN rankings. In it's early life it started climbing up in Google, but then dropped way out. The site has PR5 but has been pushed below hundreds of other sites. Is that the Google sand box, did we do something wrong we don't know about? The PR5 is still visible, but we just have no ranking. Might the Google adds have to do with it's low ranking? After all, why would they send us traffic and then pay us for it? Haven't figured this out, but would like any suggestions.
    Last edited by Joe Seo; Jul 27th, 2005 at 04:16 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)
    Might the Google adds have to do with it's low ranking?
    Makes no difference at all.

How old is the site?
  5. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    Also you might want to put some words on the front page for google to like you a bit more and to counteract the amount of links you have.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I assume you target "we buy houses" key phrase? Did you start an agressive link campaign recently? You are 6th for allinanchor:we buy houses so it looks to me that your site is sandboxed.
    Last edited by faremax; Apr 22nd, 2005 at 08:33 PM.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." -- Albert Einstein
    Travel Affiliate Program
  9. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    Faremax.

Notice that the index is made almost entirely of links?
    I think it would help in all cases if they put a nice big paragraph of well formatted copy with the keywords scattered loosley through the body of the text.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes, "we buy houses" is the target keywords. You'll see the site is 1st and 3rd place in Yahoo and MSN. At one time the site was climbing in Google, but seem to quite quickly drop. When you get Google sandboxed doesn't it blank out, or lower the PR box? I'm almost certain it's sandboxed for something, but I can't figure out what. Some weeks and months ago there was an agressive link campaign, yes. Do you think there was complaints about the e-mails, or do they not relate off sight issues like that to on site ranking?

All that said, will Google naturally take sites out of the sandbox after x amount of months as does other search engines and let them bounce back up? Or do we have to contact Google before they will do anything about this? Is there someone at Google I can ask if it's sandboxed?