1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why does oogle know of some pages without caching them?

Hi, I have just been 'Exploring' my site using Google and the site:www.mysite.com thingy.

Now my main pages come up and they have that 'cached' link next to them so I can see when it was last cached by Google.

BUT, my deeper pages come up without the 'cached' link.

Does this mean Google sees these pages but thinks that they aren't work remembering?

Does it affect my SEO?

Can I fix this?

Thanks for any help, Tony
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Het Tony, what's up?
    Google has a supplementak index inwhich he places the webpages he views as less important (someone described it as "where Google keeps the trash"....)

In order to get your pages out of there, you need to check it's meta KW and make sure it is unique and also create backlinks to these webpages. It's a lot of work, but if you'll manage to get'em out to the main index - you'll benefit from many more inner webpages that you'd be able to use SEO wise.

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : Read this before you telling people about keyword meta http://forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/google-doesn-t-use-the-meta-keywords-tag-273891.html
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

check you dont have this <meta name="googlebot" content="noarchive"> on your pages that ain't getting cached and have a look at http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35256
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by tony_stark
    Hi, I have just been 'Exploring' my site using Google and the site:www.mysite.com thingy.

Now my main pages come up and they have that 'cached' link next to them so I can see when it was last cached by Google.

BUT, my deeper pages come up without the 'cached' link.

Does this mean Google sees these pages but thinks that they aren't work remembering?

Does it affect my SEO?

Can I fix this?

Thanks for any help, Tony
    If you increase your site's PR, then more pages will be cached faster (in theory). Lesser important pages often are not cached, but they are indexed. This cuts server space for Google.

If the pages are viewed as "more important" - higher PR - then they are more likely to be cached.

An alternate explanation could be that the page was just recently found, and Google has just not yet cached it.

If it is similar to another page, then it also may not be cached if it is seen as duplicate content.

Comments on this post

• realityhack agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by noam015
    Het Tony, what's up?
    Google has a supplementak index inwhich he places the webpages he views as less important (someone described it as "where Google keeps the trash"....)

In order to get your pages out of there, you need to check it's meta KW and make sure it is unique and also create backlinks to these webpages. It's a lot of work, but if you'll manage to get'em out to the main index - you'll benefit from many more inner webpages that you'd be able to use SEO wise.
    I was refering to all meta tags - in which most of us use our KW...
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by noam015
    I was refering to all meta tags - in which most of us use our KW...
    The final solution is to add the KW tag but keep it empty. To satisfy a nostalgia in yourself or your client with a dated SEO quality check tool.

To the OP: next to aforementioned noarchive of less important pages, it could be a specific "discovered" page has been indexed for less than a month or so. This will also often leave out a [view cache].