#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    12

    Why does oogle know of some pages without caching them?


    Hi, I have just been 'Exploring' my site using Google and the site:www.mysite.com thingy.

    Now my main pages come up and they have that 'cached' link next to them so I can see when it was last cached by Google.

    BUT, my deeper pages come up without the 'cached' link.

    Does this mean Google sees these pages but thinks that they aren't work remembering?

    Does it affect my SEO?

    Can I fix this?

    Thanks for any help, Tony
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    11
    Het Tony, what's up?
    Google has a supplementak index inwhich he places the webpages he views as less important (someone described it as "where Google keeps the trash"....)

    In order to get your pages out of there, you need to check it's meta KW and make sure it is unique and also create backlinks to these webpages. It's a lot of work, but if you'll manage to get'em out to the main index - you'll benefit from many more inner webpages that you'd be able to use SEO wise.

    Comments on this post

    • NathanielB : Read this before you telling people about keyword meta http://forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/google-doesn-t-use-the-meta-keywords-tag-273891.html
  4. #3
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK - Kent - Maidstone - PC!
    Posts
    3,752
    Rep Power
    1488
    check you dont have this <meta name="googlebot" content="noarchive"> on your pages that ain't getting cached and have a look at http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35256
  6. #4
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,515
    Rep Power
    1986
    Originally Posted by tony_stark
    Hi, I have just been 'Exploring' my site using Google and the site:www.mysite.com thingy.

    Now my main pages come up and they have that 'cached' link next to them so I can see when it was last cached by Google.

    BUT, my deeper pages come up without the 'cached' link.

    Does this mean Google sees these pages but thinks that they aren't work remembering?

    Does it affect my SEO?

    Can I fix this?

    Thanks for any help, Tony
    If you increase your site's PR, then more pages will be cached faster (in theory). Lesser important pages often are not cached, but they are indexed. This cuts server space for Google.

    If the pages are viewed as "more important" - higher PR - then they are more likely to be cached.

    An alternate explanation could be that the page was just recently found, and Google has just not yet cached it.

    If it is similar to another page, then it also may not be cached if it is seen as duplicate content.

    Comments on this post

    • realityhack agrees
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    11
    Originally Posted by noam015
    Het Tony, what's up?
    Google has a supplementak index inwhich he places the webpages he views as less important (someone described it as "where Google keeps the trash"....)

    In order to get your pages out of there, you need to check it's meta KW and make sure it is unique and also create backlinks to these webpages. It's a lot of work, but if you'll manage to get'em out to the main index - you'll benefit from many more inner webpages that you'd be able to use SEO wise.
    I was refering to all meta tags - in which most of us use our KW...
  10. #6
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    331
    Originally Posted by noam015
    I was refering to all meta tags - in which most of us use our KW...
    The final solution is to add the KW tag but keep it empty. To satisfy a nostalgia in yourself or your client with a dated SEO quality check tool.

    To the OP: next to aforementioned noarchive of less important pages, it could be a specific "discovered" page has been indexed for less than a month or so. This will also often leave out a [view cache].

Similar Threads

  1. Domain Transfer Experiment
    By rmccarley in forum SEO Help (General Chat)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Jul 28th, 2006, 06:23 PM
  2. Interior pages don't rank well in Google, if at all
    By ledfish in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov 11th, 2005, 02:19 PM
  3. Session IDs have created 60000 indexed pages
    By Seobiznezzy in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 16th, 2005, 03:29 AM
  4. Dynamic pages dissapeared from google
    By donkeyderby in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May 17th, 2005, 09:55 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Nov 17th, 2004, 09:24 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo