1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why am I still not ranking for exact match?

Hello,

I recently started a business and I've been having serious trouble trying to make my site rank on the first page of Google. The sentence may sound like a funny joke as we all know this is not easy. My frustration though is that I'm typing in the exact match and I'm still appearing on the third page. If I type in '[Domain Name Dot Com]' in Google then I rank first but it won't happen the same for [Domain Name Without Extension]. My assumption is that when people hear of my company for the first time, they might go to Google and they will probably type [Domain Name Without Extension] in those cases when they don't know the URL, that's why I'm paranoid about ranking for the name without the .com.

In my business, SEO is not what one of the services I offer but I do know something, my understanding is that exact matches have a lot of weight when it comes to ranking? Is the issue I'm experiencing just a matter of link building? do I just need more backlinks pointing to my site or is there anything else I should do or know?

I'd really appreciate your opinion, this is quite important to me.

Comments on this post

• picturetone agrees
    Last edited by PhilipSEO; Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Domain Name Removed, Not Allowed in this Forum
  3. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

A recent Google update has reduced the power of exact match domains (EMDs) for "low quality sites," and it is more cautious for ranking new sites with. You have a new site. Brace yourself, it takes patience. Keep posting and updating content vigorously, get some social media activity going, especially Google+. Creat a buzz around your site. If you don't build any trashy links or do any other SEO no-nos, you should be number one or two within some weeks, perhaps months. IF YOUR MARKET IS ONLY MODERATELY COMPETITIVE. Otherwise maybe never.
    Last edited by PhilipSEO; Oct 24th, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

A recent Google update has reduced the power of exact match domains (EMDs) for "low quality sites,"
    There's your key, make sure you create a good quality site with exceptional content.
    Don't try and create exact match anchors on links either, not knowing what your domain name is and being able to see your sub pages it's kinda hard to give any suggestions.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Oct 24th, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
  7. Agency SEO

I wish I could see the domain so I could help, but I do understand Forum Rules and why they need to be enforced.
  9. SEO Since 97

I agree, perhaps the mods can just make them un-clickable rather than editing it out altogether.
  11. No Profile Picture

PhillipSEO, Test-ok, KernalPanic

Thanks for your suggestions and comments, I'll keep those in mind.

Constructive comment to the moderator, I'm not really aware of the reasons for this but I believe if the links that people post are made unclickable somehow, it's more productive for all of us to understand the issue and give suggestions. I noticed my links were replaced by tags :S

Again, thanks guys.
  13. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I wish I could see the domain so I could help, but I do understand Forum Rules and why they need to be enforced.
    I don't know who is making these rules.. it should be a community thing.

I'm perfectly fine with people posting their domains in legitimate circumstances, sometimes it's a must to help them.

Knight, post your domain like "domain dot com" aka using spaces and the word dot instead of .com,.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : And we know who's making these rules
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  15. No Profile Picture

20 minutes ago I wrote a new message but I see it hasn't been approved by the moderator. I think there's something in this forum that has to change. No freedom of speech!

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees : Woops, approved your post now.
  17. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by knightmetal
    20 minutes ago I wrote a new message but I see it hasn't been approved by the moderator. I think there's something in this forum that has to change. No freedom of speech!
    Posts that need to be approved aren't very distinct vfrom normal posts so I didn't even notice until you said..

Fight the power!
  19. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by knightmetal
    Have you ever considered this Spheri Dot CA.

It isn't a recognizable domain name to VB but to human "we get it!"

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees