Hope you are all well!
(Sorry for the RANT below).
So as per my (old) title “Who/How the frick do I hire people?”, I am struggling with finding people to do "internet things"!
Where to start, well I have two websites selling a health supplement, one for humans and one for dogs. My goal is to have two sites running, ranking and selling well (like the other 90% of the world...lol).
I am not the richest man on the planet, so need to spend wisely. I am also not the most efficient google/website/awords/SEO/online brain, but I know a little bit and learn well. The problem I am facing is hiring people that are the above and it is killing me slowly.
So far I have hired “Adwords Guns”, “SEO Guns” and “Website Guns” (all self proclaimed) and none have done what I want.
I have used agencies at $800 a month, odesk at $200 a month etc, spoken with companies that will happily charge $400 a month to “manage” my adwords and expect a national (Australia) spend to be around $3,000 a month. One company explained a national adwords campaign will be a minimum of $3-4,000 a month (at the time my avg CPC was around .57c for position 1.2-5.5 over all the groups. That is over 5k clicks on keywords that only had around 6-7k total broad searches).
I have asked for guarantees and all I get is “well it is hard because umm, well umm, Goggle might not umm, blah, blah, blah”. None of the companies were willing to stand behind their work.
I understand things change, panda etc, but I am not happy knowing that half of these companies outsource anyway.
I am happy to pay for a service, but only a service that works!
So what am I looking for........... I am looking for someone who knows this game, who can open an adwords campaign and see 10 changes without flinching. I am looking for someone who can look at a site and see where we can convert better, see what meta data etc needs to be changed. Someone who can help the sites rank better through good SEO practises. I am looking for someone who knows Google, websites and everything in-between! (Just a real internet savvy bugger)
Although “am I looking for a lot”, I don’t think it is too much! I dare say that there would be a large number of people on here that could do this in their sleep. I am not asking to become Nike, I would just like to rank top 3 for 4-5 keywords, have 6-8 for my quality scores and have two sites that work well to the public. (Again, this might be what 90% of the world want)
The other thing is, I am more than happy to do any work needed to help this. I am willing to change images, write pages, test campaigns, do back linking, etc. I just need someone to direct me!
All in I think I need a smart consultant that does 60% of the work and gets me to do the other 40%.
So long and short of this is, where the hell do I find this/these people?
Disclaimer – I am not a prick, just very overwhelmed by all that needs to be done!
Disclaimer 2 – HELP!
Thanks in advanced for any help given,