Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Where to submit xmls?

Okay, I submitted to GOOGLE and BING and DMOZ. What other worthwhile place can I upload my sitemap or url? I get traffic from, youtube, google, bing, yahoo and craigslist. I'm barely hitting 126 visits per day but moving up.
  3. No Profile Picture

so anbody got any ideas?
  5. No Profile Picture

Guess not...........
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Use some sitemap submission tool, like, ‘Keyword Country’ to submit your Sitemap in more than 150 search engines.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by C.Rebecca
    Use some sitemap submission tool, like, ‘Keyword Country’ to submit your Sitemap in more than 150 search engines.
    im not interested in paying for seo. i can do it myself.
  11. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Why would you want to submit a sitemap or URL? What good do you expect it's gonna do?
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by dzine
    Why would you want to submit a sitemap or URL? What good do you expect it's gonna do?
    it speeds up the process of getting indexed. are you serious?
  15. SEO Insultant

Pages that need help 'getting found' are not likely to rank well anyway.
    You need to do more to get them to rank. And as soon as you've done all that, said pages are already 'found' so you won't need the sitemap anymore.
    It's that simple Yes I'm serious, when it comes to SEO myths.
  17. No Profile Picture

complete nonsense. obviously you need good content that's a given. i don't believe in crap websites, but submitting greatly increases the crawl come around. also some engines are not as good as Google. submitting sitemaps doesn't hurt and you act like its a bad thing. we agree to disagree to the tenth degree.
  19. SEO Insultant

Other search engines? Who wastes time on those?

Do you know that the googlebot crawl rate is on a 'high-PR website'? It's huge. Websites that have loads of backlinks are crawled faster than you'd actually want. In fact, on a well-optimised website, I'd add a crawl-delay in my robots.txt file rather than a sitemap.xml

If you really have time to spare to make sitemaps and stuff, then please have a blast. We all have our hobbies. All I'm saying is that it might get the bots to crawl your site (which looks nice when you do a site: search -- but no one ever does that apart from the webmaster himself), but it won't help your pages rank well. Unless you expect them to rank because of their on-page qualities alone.... well, that hasn't worked since 1995.
    Last edited by dzine; Jan 9th, 2013 at 06:06 AM.
  21. No Profile Picture

im not talking about ranking well. you misunderstood me. all i wanted was to introduce myself to different and other unknown engines that I never heard of. I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. Other search engines matter to me simply because I dont want to rely on google only. If i can get 10 visits from other engines I will gladly except them. get off the high horse not everyone needs to be like you.
  23. No Profile Picture

i can tell you cant lose. your like my sister. always right. so i say SEE YA! no help here. my traffic is up again, 30% from other engines that "no ones care about". in 2 weeks i went from 30per day to 175 per day now. NO THANKS TO YOU! you can have this thread since your trolling it.
  25. SEO Insultant

Come on alexandro - please don't get your knickers in a twist.

You obviously know quite a lot about SEO. And -- from what you're saying -- you're doing quite well (even on other search engines).

Still: the thing is... most people who feel strongly about submitting sitemaps turn out to be...:
    - people with ill-optimised websites
    - people rehashing blindly what they've read elsewhere on SEO forums and whathaveyou
    - people selling sitemap-submission services to the newbies mentioned above.

I am still to come across a good example of a webpage's ranking that was helped by being included in an XML sitemap.
    Maybe you have such an example? If so, please share...
  27. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

In defence of sitemap.xml's

- they do help you know how your indexing is progressing - especially if you have thousands of pages
    - they are picked up by other search engines that are not as slick as Google and those search engines do provide traffic worth chasing ... on several eCommerce sites that I manage visitors from Bing and Yahoo convert into buyers more often than Google so a lower number makes a disproportionately higher revenue.

My only advice is make sure it is called sitemap.xml - some search engines only look for this filename.

Otherwise I only submit to Google and Bing. IMO time is then better spent on other SEO activities.
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  29. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Okay, I submitted to GOOGLE and BING and DMOZ.
    How did you submit your site map to DMOZ?
    just curious
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: