Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

XML Sitemaps do not effect ranking in any way.

Having an XML sitemap is SEO best practice IMO.

Some sites benefit a good deal by having an XML sitemap (with user driven or heavy search based content).

Bottom line is, an XML sitemap isn't a bad thing but it won't do wonders for you either.
  3. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I would only speak about importance of sitemap. it surely help any crawler to discover new pages and when any bot discovered new pages within any website it crawl and indexed it for further process (algorithmic). Crawling and indexing is the first thing for ranking (for all search engines).

Another thing is... not all search engines have powerful bot as Google. It takes number of days/months for them to crawl and index particular website. So I would have agreed with OP but it's a Google optimization forum hence all the answers would be based on Google.

Offtopic: I really like OP's approach of to be not relayed on Google. Because ultimate goal of any website is the business it achieved through minimal efforts (I'd happy if I get less business with very less efforts).
    I have observed that few small search engines are doing really well these days. Like duckduckgo for example. it's relevancy is quite good and number of search queries has increased over the last year. - https://duckduckgo.com/traffic.html
    Lead, follow or leave the way...
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by chiragparekh
    I have observed that few small search engines are doing really well these days. Like duckduckgo for example.
    I yearn for the day when SEOChat has a section "Duckduckgo Optimization". I might be suffering Google over-exposure!
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: